Need For Speed Rivals Not Working

by PecaGrid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need For Speed Rivals Not Working

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, so i can't get the game to work, when i turn it on it's just a black screen. I have waited half an hour and nothing happened. I have tried everything, even a clean windows install and the game just turns on and stays as a black screen. I'm using a gtx 1060 3g and i'm running the latest drivers, even reinstalled the gpu drivers but i can't get it to work. I don't know what else is there to try so i'm asking for some advice. I can also mention that the last time i played it was in 2019 and it worked without any issues on this very same pc just with a different graphics card.

Message 1 of 10 (1,432 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need For Speed Rivals Not Working

Community Manager

Hi @PecaGrid It looks like you have 2 graphics cards, the Nvidia 1060 and an integrated Intel chip. Can you verify through the Nvidia control panel that the game is running from the dedicated card?

If you still see issues, can you check the following?

• Try these steps to make sure there aren't any other programs that may be preventing the game from properly saving 
  • Disable Origin in-game overlay and any other running overlays 
  • Repair via the Origin client 
  • Clear Origin Cache  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (1,229 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @PecaGrid To check have you already tried different Compatibility settings?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 10 (1,329 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Hi @EA_Illium I just tried both compatibility settings using windows 7 and 8 also ran it as administrator but it's still the same.
Message 3 of 10 (1,315 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @PecaGrid Would it be possible to get a DxDiag after trying to launch the game? Also when you launch the game do you notice if it runs in task manager and if it shows the application stopped working once the black screen happens?

Illium.png

Message 4 of 10 (1,298 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium The game doesn't crash and it indeed shows up in task manager completely normally. Here is the DxDiag. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,295 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium Sorry, this one was actually ran after closing the game.

Message 6 of 10 (1,290 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @PecaGrid It looks like you have 2 graphics cards, the Nvidia 1060 and an integrated Intel chip. Can you verify through the Nvidia control panel that the game is running from the dedicated card?

If you still see issues, can you check the following?

• Try these steps to make sure there aren't any other programs that may be preventing the game from properly saving 
  • Disable Origin in-game overlay and any other running overlays 
  • Repair via the Origin client 
  • Clear Origin Cache  

Illium.png

Message 7 of 10 (1,230 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium I did everything you suggested and got it fixed! Thanks a lot for the help. For people that might read this and have the same issue, i tried most of the stuff suggested here already but did it again just to be sure. I think what got it fixed was actually clearing the Origin cache which i haven't tried before this. Thanks again for your help!

Message 8 of 10 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium Hi, I have installed NFS Rivals, and I have stucked in home. It says please press enter but when I press nothings happens. Can you please help me
Message 9 of 10 (560 Views)

★★ Novice

The game is stucked. Press Enter and the game nothing to do.

Origin is not supported anymore.

What I have to do?

Message 10 of 10 (448 Views)