Need For Speed : Payback won't launch after buying from Steam.

by aliasSane

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need For Speed : Payback won't launch after buying from Steam.

★★★ Newbie

After purchasing the game from Steam, and running it, the game then forces me to install Origin which then I did. After that, the game runs Origin and a popup appears saying "ACTIVATION REQUIRED", and under it writes "To play Unidentified Game, you must first activate it on your EA account." . It is forcing me to activate the game with a code, however I can't seem to find the code on my Steam Purchase Receipt in my e-mail. Is this a bug? Or is the code in some other place?

Message 1 of 9 (4,047 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need For Speed : Payback won't launch after buying from Steam.

EA app Team

Hello @aliasSane 

Usually this error means that your Steam account is not linked to your EA account. Please make sure that your Steam account is linked to your EA account. If the issue still persists, please try clearing Origin cache.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (4,000 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hello @aliasSane 

Usually this error means that your Steam account is not linked to your EA account. Please make sure that your Steam account is linked to your EA account. If the issue still persists, please try clearing Origin cache.

Message 2 of 9 (4,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have my steam account linked,but it still dosent let me open need for speed payback,origin is opening again when i press play.

Message 3 of 9 (3,803 Views)

EA app Team

Hello @zyishere 

Can you please let me know what happens when Origin window pops up? Do you see the same error "activation required" or something else?

Message 4 of 9 (3,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well since yesterday i have this problem.The activation required thing pops up when i want to acces the game from local files,but when i try to open nfs payback from origin it shows me this "The attached screenshot".After i press play origin is opening again.

Message 5 of 9 (3,769 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. The problem started since Origin was replaced by the EA App.

I tried playing it via Steam and the EA App via Xbox PC Pass and the app loads for a short time and then nothing happens.

Message 6 of 9 (2,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same, all other games from EA Play on steam launch but Payback doesn't.

bump

Message 7 of 9 (2,549 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My EA account and my Steam account are linked but the problem is still that the EA app opens and close after a very short time.

Message 8 of 9 (1,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello I have the same issue, but only with this game,

I am running win 10

Message 9 of 9 (977 Views)