Re: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit keep crashing on loading screen Windows 10 Pro

by painkiller_t1

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Novice

Ok guys, I think I FINALLY solved the problem. After EXTENSIVE hours, days weeks, etc, to trying to find the issue with this game crashing at startup, I believe the issue is with the virtual reality driver.  You see, I own a HTC Vive virtual reality headset and when I disconnected the "power cable" from the link box and started the game, VOILA.... it started with no issues and I was able to play the game fine. So then I quit the game, re-inserted the power cable to the link box, started the game, and no go, it would crash to the desktop....I then took out the power cable again and started the game with NO issues....I was able to play several levels with no problem.  So, if you guys have any virtual reality system hooked up to your PC, it's worth giving it a try...it worked for me and I hope it works for you....I NEVER thought that this would be the problem!!!!

Message 11 of 17 (2,450 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Literally unreal. Fixed my issue.
Message 12 of 17 (2,323 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, so after MORE investigating into the issue I found it to be the camera driver for the virtual reality system. If you go into device manager and disable it, then the game works just fine...no need to disconnect any power sources to the VR headset.

Message 13 of 17 (2,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@painkiller_t1 I know this is years later, but I too just got a vive and really enjoyed NFSHP you save me man thank you!
Message 14 of 17 (1,836 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@-RTFM-GanGreen I never would have guess it was those two things great job finding this!
Message 15 of 17 (1,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Went through the trouble of logging in to EA just to say thank you! I never would have guessed that and it was driving me crazy, especially since there are so many other posts about completely unrelated launch issues. Your three year old post just saved me a lot of headache, THANK YOU!

Message 16 of 17 (1,036 Views)

★ Novice

I figured out the fix (At least for me)

I will share.

I was getting the error need to install game...blah..

Anyway in the game folder \Program Files\Ea Games\Need for Speed Hot Pursuit\_installer\DirectX

Basically installing DirectX allowed the game to start.

Hope this helps.

Message 17 of 17 (618 Views)