Re: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit keep crashing on loading screen Windows 10 Pro

by TheTrueSPDFRK

Original Post

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit keep crashing on loading screen Windows 10 Pro

★ Novice

Hi, I just redownloaded NFS Hot Pursuit under my freshly installed Windows 10 Pro 64bit and game just won't start. Right on the first black screen will crash with message: Need for speed hot pursuit Application has stopped working. Is there any patch or some solution. I would like to play this game again. My specs: I7 6700K, 16GB DDRAM4, GTX1080TI. All drivers are up to date.

Message 1 of 17 (13,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here locks up on load screen. This has been happening for a least a week now. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it back. also tried there repair. I also have NFS and Payback but no problems with those to....

Windows 10 Fall Creator / Ryzen 1700x /32gb ddr4 /Geforce 1080ti Duke

Message 2 of 17 (13,562 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree with every syllable of the previous two posts. Same issue here exactly. I have Most Wanted and it runs great. Hot pursuit used to work fine as well. I ran compatibility and got it to work a few times over the course of a week but I had to run it each time and it never stuck after closing the game. Also the setting were different each time.

I'm not much of a PCPI but I think it may have something to do with permissions. For what it's worth I'll include the error report from event viewer after the specs.

My specs,

Processor
AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti

RAM
10 GB

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

ERROR

Faulting application name: NFS11.exe, version: 1.0.5.0, time stamp: 0x4d95a46a
Faulting module name: NFS11.exe, version: 1.0.5.0, time stamp: 0x4d95a46a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0034ec85
Faulting process id: 0x1dd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d35d13813e9405
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed Hot Pursuit\NFS11.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed Hot Pursuit\NFS11.exe
Report Id: f50e1cd7-fb7b-46c4-b770-79c05a9e9262
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Message 3 of 17 (13,555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here.  What gives?

- Sir William

Faulting application name: NFS11.exe, version: 1.0.5.0, time stamp: 0x4d95a46a
Faulting module name: NFS11.exe, version: 1.0.5.0, time stamp: 0x4d95a46a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0018c6d0
Faulting process id: 0x3818
Faulting application start time: 0x01d37c637f3209e8
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Need for Speed Hot Pursuit\NFS11.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Need for Speed Hot Pursuit\NFS11.exe
Report Id: 604ee352-712c-43ac-881e-6a0d54ca49a3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Message 4 of 17 (13,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem for me on other need for speed games, anyone has a solution?  Thanks.

Message 5 of 17 (13,471 Views)

★★★ Novice
Turned out to be a corrupt save game. Start from scratch was the fix sadly.
Message 6 of 17 (13,465 Views)

★★ Novice

Not here....I tried that. I deleted the entire folder under my documents....still crashes at startup.  What else could it be?? Something is interfering with the game and I cannot figure out what it is. Other NFS games I own, ie, Most Wanted, Rivals work perfectly.

Message 7 of 17 (13,356 Views)

★ Novice

So six months down the line and I still don't have a solution for this. EA is obviously not interested to help us. Shame. I stick with Steam then. Origin sucks. I could have it refunded on Steam. Now I just own the game which I can't play. That's what I always wanted. Cheers EA for carrying for your customers. 

Message 8 of 17 (13,263 Views)

★★ Novice

I share in your pain & frustration my friend...I've tried almost everything I know to make it run and it STILL won't run.  Funny thing is that I have 2 PC's running the same OS, Windows 10 fall creators edition, and the game runs fine on my spare PC with 8GB RAM and my Geforce GTX 560....The PC I have a problem with running the game is my main PC with 16GB RAM and my Geforce GTX 1060 3GB.....I just don't understand it.  My main PC runs all the other NFS games I own just fine, ie, Rivals, Payback, The Run, Most Wanted but NOT Hot Pursuit.  My main PC used to run the game fine a couple a months ago but I can't figure out what has changed or updated. Like I've mentioned before, I tried searching endless forums and recommendations that other users that had the same issue but nothing seems to work for me. I know other people said it's a corrupt save file but I can confirm that this is NOT the case!!!  Maybe it could be something in the registry but I wouldn't know where to look for it in there.  I wish that EA would get on the ball and research this problem because some of us, like myself, would love to play this game again.

Message 9 of 17 (13,245 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue, Windows 10 Home 64bit. Ryzen 7 1700X, GTX980 Ti. Service was unable to assist me.

Message 10 of 17 (13,069 Views)