NFSHP(2010) PS3 (COP) Why don't you have backup units?

by Jacobba55

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFSHP(2010) PS3 (COP) Why don't you have backup units?

★★★★ Guide

Just a minor query I've always had when playing as a cop. Why don't you have any backup units or any other cops in pursuit? When playing as a racer, you can have 3+ cars on you at later stages in the game, so I was just wondering why this isn't a feature in the player's cop career. This is one of the main reasons why I preferred Rivals, as it took all the things I like such as pursuit tech and beautiful environment, and added a more open world with backup units. I'm aware you have "support" in the form of roadblocks and a helicopter, but I'm not counting this. Please let me know if you have any idea why this strange issue is in the game.

Message 1 of 6 (921 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFSHP(2010) PS3 (COP) Why don't you have backup units?

★★★ Pro
Its okay, but the pc version of the game was too unfinished. Etc that you couldent use more then 1 backup car, plus the pursuits where allways timebased and very boring. I would rather stop the racers from completing a race, plus you couldent lay down spikestrips manually in HP2. You where allways depending on another unit too do it for you. Plus as racer we could be chased buy both Crown Vics and a Corvette at same time, that would made the game even better. That was one thing i loved with Hp1, that was the best Hot Pursuit game in my oppinion. Hp 2010 was more a burnout game then a NFS, just with the NFS badge on.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (799 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro
I get what you saying, but at same timei dont feel sorry for you. Because in the original Hot Pursuit game, you dident have backup or a team too help you. Like with High Stakes where you had a whole cop team, you could order them too lay roadblocks and spike. Even a helicopter too pursue the racers, like in Rivals too. But in the first HP game you had only spikestrips,except from that you where on your own.And that was more challenging then you think, we had backups in HP2 but that game was averally not good enough. Anyway i agree that Rivals is better then Hp2010, since they game is very likely based on High Stakes from 99.
Message 2 of 6 (905 Views)

★★★★ Guide
But in that case, why would it adopt the "Hot Pursuit" namesake? I'm not sure, but as far as I know, I thought some people absolutely loved NFSHP2?
Message 3 of 6 (900 Views)

★★★ Pro
Its okay, but the pc version of the game was too unfinished. Etc that you couldent use more then 1 backup car, plus the pursuits where allways timebased and very boring. I would rather stop the racers from completing a race, plus you couldent lay down spikestrips manually in HP2. You where allways depending on another unit too do it for you. Plus as racer we could be chased buy both Crown Vics and a Corvette at same time, that would made the game even better. That was one thing i loved with Hp1, that was the best Hot Pursuit game in my oppinion. Hp 2010 was more a burnout game then a NFS, just with the NFS badge on.
Message 4 of 6 (800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

It's criterion again, dammit! Just kidding, (but they stepped in for maybe two games?) then handed over to Ghost and now we have Payback... Hopefully things will be better in NFS 2019, no?

Message 5 of 6 (793 Views)

★★★ Pro
No they made three, because the made NFS MW 12 too. they also assisted Ghost on Rivals, yeah i hope but so far we only know that NFS 19 will have drifty handling. I dont think they will reveal the game until May, off course i can be wrong. Personally i dont have too high hopes for this game, i feel that EA and Ghost only listen too the younger NFS gamers.
Message 6 of 6 (760 Views)