Re: NFS the RUN Connecting to Autolog server

by dvelop

Original Post

@Wild_E_Coyote42 wrote:

I just bought this game from ORIGIN, and now I'm being told "Thanks for the money, but now you cant play the game.... TOUGH TITTY"...... WHAT BS!

Not an ideal solution, but these are the best (and only) workarounds we got thanks to the people over at the Need For Speed subreddit.

Link: [Origin / PC] How to play NFS: The Run (Single Player) Now That Online Servers/Autolog is Gone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 16 (2,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Create a Outbound rule in Windows Firewall for the NFS The Run executable to block connections.

Then you can play again.

If you're not sure what to do, there is a video on youtube that explains that.

Message 12 of 16 (1,671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Turn off the WiFi and you can still play.

Message 13 of 16 (1,602 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I have tried that but apparently you can not turn on network mid game.. you have to quit the game to enable or disabe internet.

When its on it just keeps connecting to servers

When its of it runs in offline mode😑

Message 14 of 16 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes

Message 15 of 16 (884 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately this is what the future of many games looks like if these companies are allowed to keep pushing products that are locked to the internet. They will not keep servers up for free. If the game has coding like this one, it becomes unplayable without a workaround. 

Games simply will not work from your collection in the future. What a waste. 

EA and others should be held responsible to fix issues like this when they shut down servers.

Imagine how many games simply wont load when this happens for title after title. At least in the past you owned the game and could pass it down to family members. 

They should release a quick fix. The players and game owners should demand it. 

Message 16 of 16 (746 Views)