NFS: Undercover constantly crashing.

by xxGhostScythexx

Original Post

Re: NFS: Undercover constantly crashing.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Same here, with the Ryzen 5 1600, 16GB DDR4, SSD and the GTX 1060 and GT 710 cards, and I got the same error. Initially I believed it could be my main card (GTX 1060), but I have the same results with the old GT 710. The thing is the Steam version works, full of bugs but works.
And I have no luck with this game. Its the thrid time I buy it and something goes wrong. I got a Steam copy years ago, but I never finished because the game was crashing in a event near the end. I even asked one time for the patchs for the Steam version, but the EA Support said that was a Steam matter. 3 years back, I picked up the game here at Origin to see if I could finally finishing it, but other glitch that I not remeber now made me ask for refund, and now this. Please, fix this soon, is the only game of NFS series after Undergroud 1 that I not completed.

Message 11 of 22 (4,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I solved the crashing issue or rather found a way to bypass it. I remembered The Saboteur crashed at launch with more than 4 cores and that what someone did was patch the exe to remove the CPU check. That seems to be the same thing happening here but within the loading screen. To bypass this issue for now go to the start menu and type in MSCONFIG.EXE and a System Configuration window should appear go to the second tab called boot and select advanced options. Then you should see Number of Processors. Check that box and select 8 (If this does not work try again with 4) and restart and try launching it. It worked for me! To reverse the changes follow all the above apart from when you get to number of processors uncheck the box and restart or else you won't get your full computers performance. It is just badly programmed. Hopefully EA sees this and fixes the EXE of the Saboteur with the fix created jackfuste from WSGF and also fixes the problem for Undercover!

Message 12 of 22 (4,258 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@reece394 Thanks man! I tried here and it works! But EA must see this. It's unacceptable for them sell a game that doesn't works properly in newer CPUs.
Message 13 of 22 (4,225 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

worked for me too 

thank you very much

Message 14 of 22 (4,138 Views)

★★★ Novice

didn't work

Message 15 of 22 (3,643 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Steam version seems to work better acc. to the forums and reviews. Currently on sale there for $2.49.

Message 16 of 22 (3,589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It seems turning on v-sync fixes problem. But if the game crashes before race starts, you can do nothing. You gain control when race starts and only then you can change settings.

Message 17 of 22 (3,434 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought NFS: Undercover today and it only went to a DOS console box and then quit.  I eventually fixed it.  I use Shadow streaming service.  The CPU cores number was 4 already, PhysX was already installed.   I installed latest video driver, but what seemed to work was going in Origin launcher to NFS: Undercover, selecting the gear wheel icon for settings, then selecting game properties and deselecting "Enable Origin In Game"  Then it seemed to take a while but did boot up in 640x480 mode.  I had to start the game then press Esc to adjust the video options to HD quality.

Message 18 of 22 (3,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you have a Solution?

Message 19 of 22 (2,595 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's typical of EA mate, they cannot make a single game without screwing it up, for me their biggest screw up was that that alleged 'Remake' of Most wanted,  that turned into a complete worthless heap of crap and even giving that away for free was too expensive, but I think they only gave that away for free was because it's so crap nobody wanted to pay for it.

the only games I continue to play from EA is Command And Conquer, The Sims or Medal Of Honor, everything else is a heap of crap

Message 20 of 22 (2,462 Views)