NFS: Undercover constantly crashing.

by xxGhostScythexx

Original Post

NFS: Undercover constantly crashing.

★★ Novice

I have just brought NFS: Undercover on Origin today. However, I haven't even gotten past the alias loading screen without the game crashing.
Downloading the game, I go ahead and launch it. The game loads in the lowest aspect ratio possible, and I am pretty sure with the lowest graphical settings too. I am not too sure, as I cannot access the settings in the main menu.

Pressing Enter, I create a new profile. The game begins to load aaaaaaaand crash. I cannot do anything, having to sign out and then back in into Windows.
Reloading the game (I have done this multiple times on different compatibility modes), it will always keep crashing when I try to load a profile.
I have reinstalled the game, and the same issue is there.
Is there any way for me to fix this? It would be massively appreciated.

Message 1 of 22 (16,724 Views)

Re: NFS: Undercover constantly crashing.

Community Manager

@xxGhostScythexx 

Check that your machine meets the system requirements:

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-undercover#store-page-section-r...

If you continue to have an issue, please post your Dxdiag report here, thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 2 of 22 (16,654 Views)

★★ Novice

Bada bing, bada boom. Here you go my man.
My P,C should be leagues ahead of Undercover's maximum requirements.

Message 3 of 22 (16,642 Views)

★ Guide

The Origin and only the Origin version of Shift 2 Unleashed requires PhysX to be installed, even if you don't have an nVidia video card in your system. I don't know if the Origin version of Undercover has this same issue. I only know that the Origin version of Undercover is not the same as EA store version (either the download or DVD-rom versions).

There may be an affinity issue. You can go to task manager, then Undercover, then process, then properties, affinity, and try turning some of the "cpus" off and back on.

Message 4 of 22 (16,576 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey Barry, I have the same problem. I bought the game today and still found no solution to fix it. Right after selecting a profile I see a loading screen for a few seconds, which stops, and a noise (something like waves or the wind) starts playing. After that nothing will happen. I tried running both Origin and NFS in administrator mode, tried various compatibility modes, renamed the .exe into nfsuc.exe and I used the DirectX Setup hidden in the game folder. It all leads to this very stuck loading screen. is there any other solution? I will add my DxDiag data.

Message 5 of 22 (16,549 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

bro we are in 2019, first of june, i bought the game yesterday and i have the same issue. does someone did find a solution ???

Message 6 of 22 (16,301 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
help
Message 7 of 22 (16,299 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. Game loads, I select my profile and then it freezes. I have reported this issue to EA help desk but they are not aware if it. Is there anyone that can help?

Message 8 of 22 (16,232 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exact same problem with a Ryzen 5 1600 and RTX 2060, the S.O it's Windows 10 Pro 1903. 

EA, Criterio, everyone, please fix your game, don't sale games who doesn't work.

Message 9 of 22 (15,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

did you tried to install physx? i had similar problem with prostreet but i installed physx and prostreet worked

Message 10 of 22 (15,718 Views)