Re: Need for Speed The Run Screenshot folder

by DHIMSOME

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Undercover, HP2010, The RUN - where are the screenshots uploaded to?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi!

I've redirected here by support, here's a chat log:

Dhruv Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Dhruv . How may I assist you today?
you Hi!
Dhruv Hello there.
Dhruv Firstly I would like to apologize for the wait time.
you NFS Undercover game. When I take screenshots using the in-game "Photo Mode," a message says they are uploaded to NeedForSpeed.com. However, browsing that website, I can't find them anywhere.
you Could you please tell me where I can find my screenshots from the game?Standard smile
Dhruv Alright, I'll try my best to help you.
Dhruv May I know your name?
you My name is |||||||||||
Dhruv Hi |||||||||||, it's pleasure meeting you. How are you doing?
you Actually the same issue is with NFSHP 2010 and The RUN
Dhruv Please allow me a minute to check this.
you Sure
Dhruv I apologize for the delay in getting a resolution. I'll do my best to fix this as quickly as I can.
you Not a problem, I am waiting for any resultsStandard smile
Dhruv Thank you for your time.
Dhruv This detail can be found under local disc c > Program files > Game folder.
you Give me a minute I'll check and back to you with results
Dhruv Sure.
you I've checked, NFS Undercover has no folder with screenshots, and the game states that screenshot is uploaded to EA NAtion, which one is dead for a long time.... So the question remains - where are the screenshots uploading?Standard smile
you There's an opinion that "The screenshots used to end up on a website called "MyNFS". In fact, as near as I can tell, the servers are still up and receiving screenshots. But the developers at one point took the website down to redesign it and, well, forgot to put it back up. " Can you confirm that this is correct?
Dhruv Usually when we take the screen shoot it goes under game folder and I also play this game.
Dhruv These folders may be found file clearing your PC'c temporary files.
Dhruv Clear Temporary files on your PC. https://help.ea.com/article/clearing-your-temporary-files
you NFS HP 2010 - has folder for screenshots, while NFS Undercover has not.
you "These folders may be found file clearing your PC'c temporary files." Are you kidding? How deleting the files can help me find a thing?Standard smile
Dhruv Alright, I request you to take a fresh screenshot and have a look again.
Dhruv No I meant to say, it will help you finding because the useless folders will get deleted.
you Well, temp files won't mess up with other files 100%, I know what I am sayingStandard smile I've tried - no screenshots are stored locally, while the message stating that my screenshot was uploaded to EA Nation with success is here. Standard smile
you "The screenshots used to end up on a website called "MyNFS". In fact, as near as I can tell, the servers are still up and receiving screenshots. But the developers at one point took the website down to redesign it and, well, forgot to put it back up." Can you confirm that this is correct? Devs simply killed Web Interface, while the servers are still alive?
Dhruv Thank you for bringing this to our notice. Most of our developers take their leads from the forums so please post this issue on the Forums.
Dhruv Please refer to the link: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/list.page
Once you visit on this page you need to login and select the appropriate thread.
you Ok, so you can't help me?
Dhruv I wish I could, however I have provided you all the possible ways.
Dhruv Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. I feel sorry for not being much helpful to you regarding the concern for which you had to contact us. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you require any assistance. Bye and take care.
you Got it, k, thx for this. I know that the forums will be silent, because lots of ppl asked about this before, I think I should stay away from EA's games in the future, because killing a service without a note not the way how the business is done.

So? Where can I find my ONLINE screenshots from Undercover, HP2010 and The RUN?

PS. Undercover also states that I've got some achievements redirecting me to NeedForSpeed.com for more info, but once again - the site has no info at all, only the sell page.

Hope you could help me to clear the question, thx.

Message 1 of 7 (2,542 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS Undercover, HP2010, The RUN - where are the screenshots uploaded to?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@GPReS-HP 

Please check 'My Documents' Folder under Pictures > Criterion Games.

There you should find another folder called Need For Speed Hot pursuit, double-click and you should see (DreamShop / Snapshot.)

For Need for Speed Hot pursuit, photos were automatically uploaded and stored in Autolog's cloud storage however the companion app has completely change to support Need for Speed Rivals. Moving forward, the Need for Speed Network will add support for every Need for Speed title, while keeping support for previous titles, making it complete Need for Speed Companion App for our fans. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (2,810 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

So, where are all the so-called experts?

Message 2 of 7 (2,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@GPReS-HP 

Please check 'My Documents' Folder under Pictures > Criterion Games.

There you should find another folder called Need For Speed Hot pursuit, double-click and you should see (DreamShop / Snapshot.)

For Need for Speed Hot pursuit, photos were automatically uploaded and stored in Autolog's cloud storage however the companion app has completely change to support Need for Speed Rivals. Moving forward, the Need for Speed Network will add support for every Need for Speed title, while keeping support for previous titles, making it complete Need for Speed Companion App for our fans. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,811 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Got it, thx. Are there any ETA about the new app that will support all NFS titles?

Message 4 of 7 (2,482 Views)

★★★★ Guide

NFS Carbon screenshots were sent to old nfs site - taken down.

NFS Undercover and NFS Shift screenshots were sent to old "MyNFS" website which was taken down.

NFS Hot Pursuit, NFS Shift 2, NFS The Run sent screenshots to their separated autolog web sites which all been taken down, now you can see photos only through the game menu.

NFS Network is still only for Rivals title.

Message 5 of 7 (2,446 Views)

Need for Speed The Run Screenshot folder

★ Novice

Hello. I playing Need for Speed The Run, and i made screenshots, i found images on gallery, but i not find images in screenshots folder. Game save images to any folder, or what?

Message 6 of 7 (1,983 Views)

Re: Need for Speed The Run Screenshot folder

★★★ Novice

yeah, I'm curious, where's the nfs the run photo mode pictures is saved, i took couple of pictures and wanted to share them on twitter but the picture preview (in-game gallery) doesn't have hide ui option, so i can't take a external screenshot (from nvidia overlay screenshot), and i believe there's no way the game fully saved my photo mode pictures on the autolog server, but i couldn't find the folder on my pc, unlike nfs hot pursuit (2010) which has designated criterion dream pictures folder (from photomode)

Message 7 of 7 (907 Views)