Re: NFS Shift 2: Unleashed : Cannot join nor create online matches on Xbox 360

by OffRunn

Original Post

NFS Shift 2: Unleashed : Cannot join nor create online matches on Xbox 360

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello,

Many Xbox 360 players reported that it isn't possible to join nor create an online match since January 2021.

I myself tried to create both public and private matches but I was unable to do so. Everytime I try to create a match I get an error message saying that it failed to create the match. I tried with 2 different Gold profiles on 2 different consoles by the way.

Players (me included) looking to grab the online achievements before server closure are currently stuck due to this issue.

Would you please have a look on this ?

Message 1 of 11 (2,392 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@OffRunn Same problem
Message 2 of 11 (2,256 Views)

★★★ Novice

We are getting closer and closer to the servers closure ...

As a matter of fact, servers closure or not it doesn't change anything at this time since nobody can play this game online ...

So could someone from EA give us a status on this, please ? We would really like to be able to enjoy the last days of Shift 2.

Message 3 of 11 (2,200 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Seems like this game is going down the path that Carbon has for years.. Online just randomly stops working even though they should be fine! Yes, these are older games but until they officially shut down the servers, we should not be having these problems Frown

Message 4 of 11 (2,170 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Can confirm that this is still an issue almost a month after this post/thread was made! I actually played NFS Shift 2 Unleashed for the first time yesterday, better late than never right?😅 but yeah, was able to redeem my Online Pass code fine, as well as successfully check/receive the 'NFS VIP' benefits from having played previous titles too, but as for the Online Multiplayer... it'll try searching for a Quick Race/Match for example, then when it doesn't find any, it'll say it's creating but then also fail to even Create a lobby! Same happens when trying to directly Create a a multiplayer race lobby, and the Driver Duel Championship or whatever, literally unplayable and not possible to get any of the Online Multiplayer Achievements in this current state, please fix this ASAP and/or extend the server closure date!!
Message 5 of 11 (2,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

There servers being broken and a lack of response from EA Teams about this matter is a huge disrespect to the consumers. EA you are a disgusting and scummy company.
The servers need to be working until the official shutdown date.
FIX THE SERVERS.

Message 6 of 11 (2,124 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@oGoTheWanderer Indeed, it doesn't bode well for any future customers of EA if this is how the current ones are being treated... is it too much to ask to just have working servers so that we can all play together now?
Message 7 of 11 (2,108 Views)

★★★ Novice

At this point EA is just laughing at us. It's been more than a month since I wrote my first message and nobody from the support team was kind enough to answer. I know for sure that some members of the support team saw this message but what are you guys afraid of to just give an answer ? I swear that I never saw someone handle servers closure as terrible as you do. What's the purpose to announce servers closure when people can't even access online features due to your broken servers ? Everytime that I put my hands on one of your games I know that something will go wrong. Guess what ? You proved it once again. I think that I will do a favor to myself by staying away from any game you touch from now on.

Message 8 of 11 (2,065 Views)

★★★ Novice

So this is how it's gonna end ? EA annoucing servers closure and "allowing" people to play for a few months whereas servers aren't even working since January 2021.

Well, if this is the way you want to go then I will make sure to stay far away from your games. I'm definitely not approving such a way to handle situations like this one, which clearly shows a lack of respect. When I buy a game, I expect the people who developed it to provide a good support. People able to atleast give feedback. Buying any of your games would be a way to support your poor behavior. That's why I will be leaving the ship if nothing is done.

Message 9 of 11 (1,899 Views)

★★ Guide

@OffRunn wrote:

Hello,

Many Xbox 360 players reported that it isn't possible to join nor create an online match since January 2021.

I myself tried to create both public and private matches but I was unable to do so. Everytime I try to create a match I get an error message saying that it failed to create the match. I tried with 2 different Gold profiles on 2 different consoles by the way.

Players (me included) looking to grab the online achievements before server closure are currently stuck due to this issue.

Would you please have a look on this ?

www.ea.com/2/service-updates

Please read the TOCS/T&CS 

As EA updates games certain features are changed/lmtd 

Message 10 of 11 (1,875 Views)