NFS: SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED CRASHING

by ss01211

Original Post

NFS: SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED CRASHING

★★★ Newbie

I've just bought the game from Origin and whenever I open it and am taken to the loading screen for my first race, it freezes and the game shuts down, taking me back to the origin application. Does anyone know why/how to fix this problem?

Message 1 of 6 (1,175 Views)

Re: NFS: SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED CRASHING

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@ss01211Send here a dxdiag.

Message 2 of 6 (1,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Even if you don't have a nVidia video card, download a current version of PhysX and install it. That should fix the crash on first race or crash in quick race issues, which are specific to the Origin version of Shift 2 Unleashed (EA store (now shutdown) and EA DVD versions don't have this problem).

Message 3 of 6 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Actually I do have an nvidia card but reinstalling the physx patch from September 2019 cleared the crash to desktop problems on career start. So thanks for the idea. Much better the videos telling me to get a hack from pirate bay, lol. Seriously thanks, I love this game.

Message 4 of 6 (946 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This game is riddled with crashing problems. Here is the last fix i did for crashing it may work for you. follow this directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Need For Speed Shift 2\install\PhysX , once inside the physX folder there is an .exe right click on it and select run as administrator, select repair and let it go through the prompts. once finished try the game again. This worked for me but i still have some crashes on certain parts of the game which i just now dont play. let me know if it helped.

Message 5 of 6 (863 Views)

★★ Novice
ss01211 wrote:

I've just bought the game from Origin and whenever I open it and am taken to the loading screen for my first race, it freezes and the game shuts down, taking me back to the origin application. Does anyone know why/how to fix this problem?

To make a long story short I got the game to run with starting error at track load, at first there were no indication of reason for closing, I was using the downloaded version from Origin, I had installed the game from a bought CD originally but origin said it was already used, but it had worked. The downloaded Origin closed at start of race loading. Origin check for errors etc did not work. So I installed the CD version again and I got an error about needing file physXLoader.dll Having a geforce card this file was not in my /NVIDIA Corporation/PhySX/common folder like it was in another computer so I copied both physXLoader.dll and physXLoader64.dll to the other computer and it worked! I think Origin needs to update their install of this game. Win10

Message 6 of 6 (677 Views)