NFS: Hot Pursuit (PS3): Unable to process the pass Please try again later

by f11ff1b7bad22709

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS: Hot Pursuit (PS3): Unable to process the pass Please try again later

★★★★ Novice

I want to be able to play online/redeem the online pass. When I start the game I am presented with the options to redeem online pass, purchase, 2 day free trial, or skip. When I select redeem online pass or purchase options I get the following message:

Unable to process the pass

Please try again later

I followed this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Need-for-Speed-Games/NFS-hot-pursuit-PS3-Unable-to-process-online-pa... (which includes a post from retired community manager EA_Najat saying that EA is no longer requiring the online pass to play online for new titles as well and was in the process of disabling the online pass for older titles) but when I try entering the code directly in Account Management via the XMB menu and made sure it's correct it detects the code as NFS: Hot Pursuit, but when I press the confirm button I get the following message:

The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid.
Please check your entries.

When I search the PS store, I see no listing for NFS: Hot Pursuit online DLC. The game's box has BLUS for North America region and my PS3's serial code has 01 as the last 2 numbers which means it's for North American region (https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Regioning).

So how am I supposed to activate or use online functionality?
Message 1 of 6 (1,423 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS: Hot Pursuit (PS3): Unable to process the pass Please try again later

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It looks like I solved this. Since it looks like I redeemed the online code a while ago the online pass showed up in downloads in the Playstation Store app. I selected the online pass in downloads and downloaded and installed it again 2-3 times and now I'm not prompted for online pass when I start the game.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,383 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It looks like I solved this. Since it looks like I redeemed the online code a while ago the online pass showed up in downloads in the Playstation Store app. I selected the online pass in downloads and downloaded and installed it again 2-3 times and now I'm not prompted for online pass when I start the game.

Message 2 of 6 (1,384 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue but there is no option for me to download a pass. I am so lost to what to do to go online. 

I messaged EA support and they said they will look into it but no point of reference. They just need to add the online code for the PSN store to download for everyone

Message 3 of 6 (1,211 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Did you check your downloads in the View Downloads section of Playstation Store app on PS3? The entry should look like Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Onli... if it's not selected. Did you get the same error I did when trying to redeem the code?

Message 4 of 6 (1,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately i never redeemed it back in the day. I tried my code that I have with my case and it accepts it, but then I get the same error as yourself. I tried to contact EA to see if they could just renew the 2 day trial as i just need one more trophy, or re add the item back to the store but I cant imagine them doing that

Message 5 of 6 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

If possible, can you give the region code that's on the spine of the game box and the last 3 digits of the serial number on your ps3? If you don't want to share it, just make sure the region that corresponds to the last 2 numbers on the ps3 serial, like in the psdevwiki link I provided, matches the the region code on the spine. Also this list of banned countries may have to do with it https://help.ea.com/in/help/faq/ea-games-unavailable-in-some-countries-or-regions/ if region code matches (I feel unlikely, but still).  In the thread I linked above EA said they were in the process of not requiring online pass free for older titles and that thread was dated 2014 so it's on them if they haven't done it yet. I would create a separate thread that details the steps you have done so far so that for the minuscule chance of EA or a community manager doing something about it, it's not hidden behind a solved thread like this.

Message 6 of 6 (1,130 Views)