NFS: High Stakes Rivals (New Idea)

by kzaatar

Original Post

NFS: High Stakes Rivals (New Idea)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Came back to this after being away from it for so long. That I decided to give my old post a fresh design. The car list has been narrowed down to 370 vehicles total (240 for Racers, 130 for Police), and 30 traffic vehicles! The ultimate NFS Mix. I will upload it if people are interested in seeing it. The map itself is being designed on paper, while the rewards, vehicle Jack Spots, soundtrack, and types of challenges for both Racer, and Police are on my computer. Please note, that I only have the name and description of each game mode for both sides, and that individual challenges for Racer/Police is still a work in progress.
Message 1 of 9 (1,471 Views)

Re: NFS: High Stakes Rivals (New Idea)

★★★ Pro
Dont get me wrong it sounds cool, but since you are using the High Stakes name. You should use closed tracks and not an open world, that was what i loved with HS game from 99. There was new tracks + plus all the ones from NFS 3 HP, too be honest i have also i idea for my own High Stakes game. But i think it should be a little more police cars, plus all the old and newest supercars. And of course no tuning or NOS, i just hope you wount use that in your game. then it should be awsome.
Message 2 of 9 (1,355 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Once you see the vehicles I’ve selected, the soundtrack, the map, and how to unlock each vehicle, you might say otherwise.
Message 3 of 9 (1,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Mayby, as long as there are no tuning\customazion NOS etc and of course not that agressive burnout gameplay like in HP 2010 and Rivals. I hope we can arrest racers with more realistic spikes like in HS 99 and Hp98, and also use pit manouvers. I dont mind open world as long as we can choose if we want too play public private sessions with friends or offline. But i would also love if you use the soundtracks from the old games with Rom di prisco etc, i would love too play your game if the game are so awsome like you described itStandard smile.

Message 4 of 9 (1,281 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Many fans will love the entire concept as it is a throwback to all previous titles, with some new features. The world map in the game? Something unexpected. I have family coming over for the holidays so I may not be able to finish this until January.Title? Well, let's just say that High Stakes Rivals isn't the actual title.

Message 5 of 9 (1,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Okay sounds cool, mayby it will be much better then Ghosts NFS 2019. Time will show anyway, but if you are smart you should launch it on steam. Because they will help you sell it, plus it would be easier for us gamers too suport youStandard smile.PS A happy new year too you and your family:D.

Message 6 of 9 (1,068 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've reworked the entire concept from the car list to the map to the career mode, even the title. This game (my idea) would only be a dream concept which will never see the light of day for obvious reasons, which is a shame. Ghost would never take fan ideas at the moment, not for a while, maybe not ever. I will finish my idea in the event that they ever allow fans to create the next Need for Speed. 

Message 7 of 9 (844 Views)

★★★ Pro
@kzaatar You could try collect money like some sort of donating, many modders are doing that. I know a russian guy is doing that, he is making those modern patches for the old 90s NFS games. I mean i would rather try your game, you cant even be a cop in NFS Heat. Such a shame if you ask me, i really hope you could launch your game one day, you just need support economicly in some way. As long as you dont make same, mistake that the Identity developers did.But the perfect would be if you get a job at EA, and you could lead your own team. Mayby go back too the roots with cannonball NFS again, that would be more perfect.
Message 8 of 9 (781 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@kzaatar Correction—It's not Maybe Never,it's just never.The only way Ghost makes a huge style change is when their main style flops enough to kill NFS,so maybe,just maybe classic style will return in charge.Because Critreion's HP2010 returned to that style(With Criterion version handling/gameplay)only for Ricer/BB style's continous failures.But with NFS2015 cementing the Ricer style as THE NFS.I dont have much hope for Cannonball style return anytime sooner or later
Message 9 of 9 (762 Views)