NFS Carbon PS3 (Online Servers 2019).

by Jacobba55

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Carbon PS3 (Online Servers 2019).

★★★★ Guide

Just wanted to discuss the status of the online servers for the PS3 remake of Need For Speed Carbon. NFS Carbon is among the list of servers shutdown (as early as 2013 in this case) but I was wondering if this only applies to certain platforms (e.g PSP/PC). I've seen other forums and reddit discussions that have mixed views, most claim they're still up, but I thought I'd come to EA answers HQ in order to get a definitive answer for PS3. I want to play online, but I need to know if the servers are down, or if it's just that no-one plays it anymore. I was interested in the Pursuit Tag/Knockout modes but never got to try them...

Message 1 of 40 (10,665 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS Carbon PS3 (Online Servers 2019).

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

They are still up and running. Even the leaderboards are still working. My psn nick is talhaONE. You can add me and we can play together. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 40 (10,574 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

They are still up and running. Even the leaderboards are still working. My psn nick is talhaONE. You can add me and we can play together. 

Message 2 of 40 (10,575 Views)

★★★★ Guide
That's brilliant, thanks!
Message 3 of 40 (10,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Message 4 of 40 (10,224 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@bone_v7

Sure. I might not be able to play a lot of the time, I've got other consoles and I'm quite busy. But if I could get a small team together for Carbon online that would be great! I've added @talhaONE too, no response yet...

Anyway, have you been able to play Carbon online before? I want to know what the connection is like, and what the best game mode is? (probably pursuit tag & pursuit knockout, but these would only work well with multiple people).

Message 5 of 40 (10,211 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well sorry about that it was a bit long time ago so i forgot it. 

When i was playing every mode was good except with polices due to lack of players. 1vs1 or 1vs2 pursuit chases simply dont work. However due to game oldness servers are a bit laggy but still playable and very enjoyable. 

Message 6 of 40 (10,200 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@talhaONE  Okay, thanks. That sounds great, I wanted to try the police game modes especially, but I suppose it can't be helped if there's not enough to properly enjoy it. Also didn't mean to be impatient, sorry...

Hope you are alright! 👍

Message 7 of 40 (10,194 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey if u ever want to play with me on nfs carbon on ps3. Add my psn True-ExcaliburYT

Message 8 of 40 (10,020 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Jacobba55 Plus if u want to add me i have to send u a friend request because its full on ps3 and im deleting people who are offline or moved to ps4
Message 9 of 40 (10,011 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@NFS59LEADER2016 Ah, you see I manage a strange system. I have 2 accounts on PS4, one of which has been transferred from PS3. This is not to say that I don't play PS3 anymore, it's just that my usage has decreased. My PS3 and PS4 account is dave_loren. I will try to be online on my PS3 more, I've just had a really busy week and I've been working on some projects on my other account so I apologise for that. Have a great day!
Message 10 of 40 (10,007 Views)