Re: NFS Carbon - unobtainable Achievements on Xbox 360

by TheRealJony

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Carbon - Fix unobtainable Achievements on Xbox 360

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

People want to complete the game but they can't - has been broken since 2006 - literally we bought defective product with some aspects not working. This shouldn't have place. Another thing is that you shouldn't add weird achievements to the game that are not feasible after a while. Back in the day 343 studio were struggling with same issue for Halo 4 - some achievements were broken and not obtainable and you know what they did? They pinned all broken achievements to working ones so if you gain working one every single other popping with this one. Studio just found a workaround and everyone is happy that they can complete the game. They just listened the players and I hope EA will do the same.

There is 3 possible ways to do this:
- Reactivate the game as peer-to-peer server + fix Urban Battle
- Pop-up all online achievements as you start the game + Urban Battle
- Pop-up all online achievements + Urban Battle when you gain other working one

Please EA, take into account that this game has been broken for a very long time and on behalf of the community I would like to ask you to fix it in any way so that each of the available achievements is possible to obtain. I know EA still have tools for XBOX 360 because you released FIFA 19 on that console 2 years ago.

Message 1 of 4 (2,003 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Fenvix It also doesn't help that NFS Carbon's Multiplayer servers (as well as NFS Undercover's, NFS Shift 1's, NFS Shift 2 Unleashed's, and NFS The Run's servers) were permanently shut down recently on August 31, 2021, rendering all Online Reward Cards permanently locked and the rewards unobtainable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,975 Views)

All Replies

@Fenvix It also doesn't help that NFS Carbon's Multiplayer servers (as well as NFS Undercover's, NFS Shift 1's, NFS Shift 2 Unleashed's, and NFS The Run's servers) were permanently shut down recently on August 31, 2021, rendering all Online Reward Cards permanently locked and the rewards unobtainable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (1,976 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
With Carbon is different story. Game has been broken since launch which was 15 years ago. Along the way, there were issues with the servers and some other achievements too like EA Moderator, Race Week and of course mentioned Urban Battle. People like me love completing achievements to 100% but we can't do this because EA don't care. You can't even imagine how many people don't even started this title on their account because it's uncompletable. People asked and asked before closure about fixing this aspects but instead we got information that's everything is fine... I mean... Seriously? Did EA even checked servers and issues more deeply than just "Oh server is working"? Of course not.

All I'm asking for is to make some sort of patch to unlock all unobtainable achievements on Xbox 360 so we can finally after all these years do 100% in this game. I know EA is capable - Just listen to us... to players.

I don't even know where else I can ask for this. Here - nobody from EA team answering if they gonna look up at this and same story on Twitter. They not answering messages, tweets just one big nothing.
Message 3 of 4 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I’ve been thinking about this a lot of late. It’s such a shame after so many years that the achievement/trophy for Urban Battle was never fixed. I’d love to know an insight as to why this was never fixed, nowadays if there are any bugged achievements/trophies from EA Games, they are generally fixed promptly.

I suppose the team that made Carbon have probably moved on by now to other ventures. 

I’d like to end this by saying I hope games that have online achievements/trophies in future go Peer-to-Peer as no one (especially achievement/trophy hunters) like me want to see servers going down because EA and the like don’t wish to support the online servers for the games they want to shut down anymore. 

I hope EA has a long and hard think about this.

Message 4 of 4 (598 Views)