May you bring back Need for Speed High Stakes and Underground 2 as a Ps4 port?

by Kngcstl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

May you bring back Need for Speed High Stakes and Underground 2 as a Ps4 port?

★★★ Newbie
These two games are classics out of the series, the customization and free roam ability of Underground 2 is closely resembled in 2015, but is not fully captured. (No neons, hydroloics, song selection, massive array of different visual customization in which the player has the ability to find almost the EXACT look they want, and maybe a feature to turn OFF 5-0? POPO'S. WHERE I CAN JUST BE A RIDER AND NOT A ROBBER?) I feel as a seasoned frfranchise fan, that this game will be a hit on the market. Its what the fans have been raving for years about, and although '2015 caught much of these qualities, there are still many, "Delicacies" that the taste of Ug2 left to be revived.
Moving forward; the all known, and highly praised classic High Stakes because it captured people's hearts and souls, the tracks, the real racing and nothing more format, the soundtracks, the ability to do a gauntlet type mode for police. The fact that tournaments can be ran and free drives were available without risk of losing anything. Just pure racing fun. Maybe a graphical upgrade to the games, since all the modles for the cars are so realistic rn anyways, just recreate the tracks and game mechanics. You can even put in a throw back option for both games where the original games could be played just on the current systems. Why not? The Ps3/4 has by far enough memory on both CD and Online download capacity to support these ideas, and it can be part of a "Deluxe Edition" package or an add on for generating even more $ for Ea. Please take these two games into consideration, for out of 34 counted aquaintences offline and about 50 online, a total of 81% over all said that these two were the most iconic for them. That's 68 fans (+4 if you include myself, little brother, older brother, and father) throwing their money respectively right through the TV screen just to get first crack. Who knows how many other will follow suit. Please respond, and thank you for the ability to create post like these for the betterment of the franchise.

Loyal NFS fan since High Stakes,
KeShon Patterson
Message 1 of 2 (768 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: May you bring back Need for Speed High Stakes and Underground 2 as a Ps4 por

EA DICE Team

@Kngcstl

Hi, Keshon,

I can see that you are a huge fan of the series and we share the fact that Underground 2 is our favorite Need for Speed game. It did have.. well.. almost everything I was looking for. For me it is even cooler that back in the day while I was loving the game I had no idea that I would someday end up at EA.

I want to thank you for your enthusiastic post. We like to hear ideas from players and sift through them to see how we can come up with new and fresh ideas while also capturing some of the old magic. The new Need for Speed is a good example of this in how we tried to bring back the old magic and spice it up with an interesting method of presenting narrative to the player.

I want to leave you with the note that player feedback is being noted so you can rest assured that you voice is heard. As for the actual ideas that you state in your post.. at the moment I have no real news about any such plans from our side. However, never say never..

Have a good night, Keshon.. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (858 Views)

All Replies

Re: May you bring back Need for Speed High Stakes and Underground 2 as a Ps4 por

EA DICE Team

@Kngcstl

Hi, Keshon,

I can see that you are a huge fan of the series and we share the fact that Underground 2 is our favorite Need for Speed game. It did have.. well.. almost everything I was looking for. For me it is even cooler that back in the day while I was loving the game I had no idea that I would someday end up at EA.

I want to thank you for your enthusiastic post. We like to hear ideas from players and sift through them to see how we can come up with new and fresh ideas while also capturing some of the old magic. The new Need for Speed is a good example of this in how we tried to bring back the old magic and spice it up with an interesting method of presenting narrative to the player.

I want to leave you with the note that player feedback is being noted so you can rest assured that you voice is heard. As for the actual ideas that you state in your post.. at the moment I have no real news about any such plans from our side. However, never say never..

Have a good night, Keshon.. Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (859 Views)