Re: License Server Connectivity

by TiNigs

Original Post

License Server Connectivity

★★★ Newbie

I can not load up my game as it will not connect to the license servers, bought the game straight off of the Origin app itself a couple days ago, customer service has been kind and nice but still no real solution, has anyone else had similar errors and is there a fix?? All i have been told is to hold on and wait for a patch but it is a beyond a joke now and nothing has changed.

Also i can not (also don't really want) a refund.

Message 1 of 7 (1,781 Views)

★ Guide

The issue is with Origin. Some of the games purchased through Origin are having issues, while the original EA DVD versions of games are still working.

I can confirm that the original EA DVD versions of Undercover, Shift 1, and Shift 2, are working, including online access, except that in the case of Shift 2, the server no longer sends "unlock" messages, so additional content like the Limited Edition stuff can't be enabled if you don't already have a save that enabled the extra content when the server was working.

Message 2 of 7 (1,726 Views)

★ Novice

I got the game today on sale and have the exact same issue.

on further investigation and looking into the gl.ini(game launcher ini) I see it's a DRM problem, the game is tied to Securom servers which no longer exist.

had a similar issue with GTA IV, I owned the physical copy linked to RGSC but I bought the collection on steam and could not launch the game due to a license issue, turned out a simple fix because R* did their main job and fixed the exe but forgot to remoce the "paul.dll" from the installation files, simply deleting it fixed the problem but no such luck with NFS Shift, the game exe is still very much tied to a defunct Securom License server that no longer exists, therefore this will never work digitally until EA/Origin gets it pro-actively fixed, also not sure if this was originally also a GFWL title on top of the Securom.

the gl.ini error I get thrown up is "GL:5602="There seems to be a problem contacting the license server.  Ensure your internet connection is active and try again in a few minutes.""

this is what happens to people who actually pay for games and defunct DRM is ignored by the devs.

Message 3 of 7 (1,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Do you think that a [Removed - Admin.] will do the trick? This normally works around securom.

Message 4 of 7 (1,659 Views)

NFS: Undercover activation error

★★ Novice

I seem to be getting this type of a error all the time for my Origin version of NFS: Undercover and I haven't found out a solution to solve this. Does someone have any idea how to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Message 5 of 7 (1,540 Views)

★ Novice
Аналогично, не могу запустить nfs shift.
Message 6 of 7 (1,512 Views)

★ Novice

Admin help!!!

Message 7 of 7 (1,488 Views)