Re: Issue with NFS ProStreet activation online by EA account

by rcgldr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issue with NFS ProStreet activation online by EA account

★★ Novice

Hello. I've problem with NFS ProStreet. When I'll try to run this game by using my Origin accountthere is a window appears asking for log in into my EA accountin order to activate the game on this computer. After completing the login information and click on the "Sign In", I get the message like that -

you can´t activate your game with this EA account. Please sing in with account which you use to buy this game. I using my account and starting game through my library and i bought this game with my account i don´t know where is problem.

Message 1 of 13 (6,775 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi,

As had been posted, we are looking into this issue: 

Some players have reported that after recently downloading and installing specifically Battlefield 3, the first Crysis, Mass Effect 3, or Plants vs. Zombies, that their game does not activate in their Origin My Games list.

We're investigating this issue and are working to get you back into your game as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience and stay tuned for updates.

We have since learned that this issue is not just isolated to the aforementioned games, but does also affect other titles, including NFS ProStreet. We are hoping to provide an update soon. In the meantime, please stay tuned to this article here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/some-games-wont-activate-in-origin/

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (6,910 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi,

As had been posted, we are looking into this issue: 

Some players have reported that after recently downloading and installing specifically Battlefield 3, the first Crysis, Mass Effect 3, or Plants vs. Zombies, that their game does not activate in their Origin My Games list.

We're investigating this issue and are working to get you back into your game as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience and stay tuned for updates.

We have since learned that this issue is not just isolated to the aforementioned games, but does also affect other titles, including NFS ProStreet. We are hoping to provide an update soon. In the meantime, please stay tuned to this article here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/some-games-wont-activate-in-origin/

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 13 (6,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, 

I cannot activate the Prostreet as well. and the link in your post doesn't work, it just link to an error page.

Also I tried to request a refund before come to this post and that request refund botton just take me to an error page.

what's happening?

Cheers

Message 3 of 13 (6,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So when exactly should we know and how will we know when this is fixed? cause i was really looking forward to play NFS prostreet and im so frustrated by this that im really starting to just give up and not buy ea games anymore.. i love the games you guys have but there is always some kind of problem and it either doesnt get fixed or takes forever for them to get fixed, ive been all about EA till the past few years and im getting to the point where ima b done giving you money with all the problems i have.. like i said ive ben looking forward to playing this game for a week now and finally got it and i cant even play it becuz it says tht it isnt associated to my account? like really i JUST bought it ON the SAME account.. so plz leme know wat is goin on or i will just say screw it and go spend my money on steam instead thxs

Message 4 of 13 (6,646 Views)

★★ Novice

3 months later, same problem... Will I be able to install and play ProStreet soon or should I request a refund? Or sue you?

Message 5 of 13 (6,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

It's been about half a year since this problem was posted and I'm having the same problem.  Has there been a resolution to this problem?  I'm getting the same message about 'Could not connect to the server, please try again in a few minutes." when I'm trying to sign in with my EA Account to activate my game on the computer.

Could we get an answer please, EA?

Thank you for your time

Message 6 of 13 (6,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Чувак дело говорит! 

Такое же *! 

Message 7 of 13 (6,241 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

dead link and everywhere I look articles say solved but you guys haven't solved anything there is no viable solution its almost like you guy want people to pirate the game

Message 8 of 13 (5,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What NFS ProStreet and the first Crysis have in common is that they were both released prior to 2008, under the old ea account system, one of the links for this was account.ea.com. The old account system allowed players to register their game by the install key, and if a player lost a key, he could sign into his account and all of the registered games and their keys would appear on one of the old account system web pages.

In 2008 ea switched to a new account system, which no longer registered games or kept track of install keys. The new account system kept track of player personas used in games and also a new EA ID, which ended up being used as the players persona for some of the later games like Shift 2 Unleashed. The old forums site (forum.ea.com) would display all the personas and EA ID, allowing a player to select which on to use on the forum site. There was a migration of sorts of the new (2008+) account system to Origin account system. This is also the time that some games could be purchased either on DVD or as digital downloads. 

Prior to Windows 10, a player could buy a used DVD version of an old game. Since the servers for all of the old games except NFS Carbon are shut down. there's no need to have an EA account for these games since they are now offline only games. However Windows 10 prevents the old games from installing drivers used to validate the media for the old game so that's not an option for those that only have Windows 10. Over time the digital download versions of the older games are having more and more problems, and more recently, with the shutdown of the digital licensing servers (securom), the games that used those licensing servers aren't working, although EA has a workaround for some of them.

What is puzzling in all of this is that the online server for NFS Carbon, released in 2006, is still running, so there is some remnant of the old game account system still running. There is speculation that the Carbon server may get shutdown in 2019. 

In the case of NFS Undercover, the original EA DVD version of the game has a patch 1.0.1.18 that adds a Challenge Series to the game, but the Origin version doesn't have this feature and the patch can't be used for the Origin (or Steam) version. Also I don't know if the EA DVD version can run on Windows 10. Unlike prior NFS games, the EA DVD is only needed during install (this is also true for Shift 2 Unleashed, the DVD version only needs the DVD during install).

In the case of Shift 2 Unleashed, any extra content like the Limited Edition which included more cars and events, or promotional cars like the Dr Pepper Camaro, can no longer be enabled if a player doesn't have a save with the extra content already enabled, since there was a change made to the account server in that it no longer sends out unlock messages when a player signs into the players account when running Shift 2 Unleashed. Instead of fixing the problem, Origin just stopped selling the Limited Edition, although the EA DVD limited edition is/was available for sale at online retailers, but with no way to enable the extra content. Tech support stated they were looking into this, but that was over 6 months ago and nothing has been fixed.

In general, the situation with the older EA games has been getting worse over time, either loss of extra content, or games that can't run at all due to license server shutdown. EA  is supposedly working on this, but it's been several months. For some of the affected games, EA has a workaround to remove the need for a license server, but I don't know which games or how this is done. It would be nice if EA created a thread here with a list of the games that do have workarounds and how to do the workarounds.

Message 9 of 13 (5,488 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Nils I'm currently having the same problem, however the link you provided no longer works. Could you please provide us with a new one?
Message 10 of 13 (4,715 Views)