How much work would it need to make HD remaster of older need for speed titles ?

by malcolmabbou

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How much work would it need to make HD remaster of older need for speed titles ?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

HD remaster of older titles like the Need For Speed Undergrounds or Most Wanted for example

Message 1 of 10 (1,322 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How much work would it need to make HD remaster of older need for speed titl

Community Manager

@malcolmabbou

As far as I know, HD remasters require quite a bit more than just updating to higher resolution textures so generally they are more effort than most people think.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,791 Views)

All Replies

Re: How much work would it need to make HD remaster of older need for speed titl

Community Manager

@malcolmabbou

As far as I know, HD remasters require quite a bit more than just updating to higher resolution textures so generally they are more effort than most people think.

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,792 Views)

★★ Novice

"Generally they are more effort than most people think" Like what for example ?

Message 3 of 10 (1,262 Views)

Community Manager

@malcolmabbou

Changing platform (PS3 to PS4 for example)

Changing game engine

Server side stuff (that is the technical terminology)

Lots of other specifics I do not have info on

All of these things are complex and time consuming and can use a quantity resources that can be a significant proportion of developing a new game.

barry.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,259 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok thank you !

If it could change something (but I doubt it), I think that the releases of HD remasters of older titles would have a big market for it, as it was a big success and marked an entire generation. I think this would have a big impact on this generation and even newer generations. We are in an era where gaming technologies are developed to a point where we make all sorts of crazy things and I think there is matter to make something really cool. In any case, I would gladly pay for that and I'm sure I'm absolutely not the only one.

Thank you for your answers !

Message 5 of 10 (1,248 Views)

Community Manager

@malcolmabbou

Welcome! Standard smile

barry.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For the PC versions, this has already been done for NFS High Stakes, using a glide wrapper for the video driver and increased poly count for some add on cars. Usually there is some way to increase the resolution for the older games, if some type of wrapper can be used for the video driver. Changing textures to higher resolution takes a lot more work.

Message 7 of 10 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I concur!! A Remastering of the older most played, purchased and talked about games like; NFS: underground 1 & 2, most wanted ('06), heck even most wanted (2012...even though its totally a burnout paradise 2 with licensed cars [we know what you did Standard smile ] ), Carbon, Prostreet, Hot pursuit, the run, etc...also it will give the development team more time to make the games the way they were initially supposed to release as. I've heard alot about games being released unfinished or completely different from what they were supposed to be (Most Wanted 2012 comes to mind when you look at the game files) and if done this way you get a whole nother experience because it's not only remastered with better graphics and gameplay but a whole new game that fans would enjoy and for older gamers who grew up on those games they can now relive the best gaming moments of their childhood with their next generation bringing in a bigger younger audience who didn't play the older games. I digress but it would be nice to at least have a remastered Underground and Underground 2 and Most Wanted '06 (then younger gamers can also know why they keep seeing the iconic M3 E46 with that same paintjob in every new game). 

Sincerely, NFS Fn since Underground

P.S. Chill out with the microtransactions...not cool just give us traditional DLC packs and add-ons

Message 8 of 10 (1,160 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Take all the time you need to remaster your awesome games but in the end we want to play this remasters if you remaster hot pursuit 2 that was on ps2 on ps4 it will be amazing and if you can make it an open world
Message 9 of 10 (956 Views)

★★★ Pro
@rudn2zuwnc49 Disagree dude, that was the good thing with HP2. That it was racing on tracks and not in a open world like HP 10 was. But yes if they could remaster 1-6 games, then i would be a very happy man.
Message 10 of 10 (717 Views)