Hot Pursuit controls issue

by Epiqurien

Original Post

Hot Pursuit controls issue

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

I have an issue concerning the controls in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (I precise that I bought it on Steam).

I can't change them, when I press a key when I have to associate a key to a function it does nothing. And I don't have the file:

• "\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Criterion Games\Need for Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit\Save\Default\controls.NFS11Save"

I just have a file called " MUD.7.NFS11SAVE" in this folder...

Please someone, help !

Thanks,

G.M.

Message 2 of 9 (9,295 Views)

Problems saving keys on the keyboard in the games NFS

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I do not save settings button on the keyboard and on any NFS game (Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted 2) .... and I tried to adjust to more types of keyboards and even on expensive brand-name ... and every time I start the game NFS to set based on the settings: acceleration - the a, braking - the Y button, and nitro - Shift key or Alt ... Please give it somehow defaulted? for example :
acceleration - up arrow.
braking - Down Arrow
Nitro - X button

I have tried ... for example. Run as administrator, I have updated the drivers and win 8.1, I set the running game under the older system .... but nothing helped .

Please give the game NFS Hot Pursuit delete all records - recorded times from the top and from autolog Speedwall? Me and my two brothers compete for the best times in this game but we played it once again with the new stopwatches ....Thanks for the info ...

Thus, anyone advise me what to do?

Message 1 of 9 (9,290 Views)

Re: Hot Pursuit controls issue

EA DICE Team

@Epiqurien

The following sticky might have the information that you're looking for:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Hot-Pursuit/PC-Complete-Controls-and-Controller-Information/...

Message 3 of 9 (9,230 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

Thanks, finally an answer... But unfortunatly, I already read that post and found nothing interesting/related to solve my problem...

It's probably related to the fact that the file "controls.NFS11Save" is not created, I don't know... but it's really problematic,

Message 4 of 9 (9,221 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Epiqurien

Hi,

I went in-game and checked up on this for you (do note that I use the Origin version, but that should not matter).

I tried to change the controls but it wouldn't work either. At this point I also did not have the config.NFS11Save file. However, after just pressing some random keys on my keyboard during the "new key input" step, it suddenly worked.

In my case I changed my Accelerate from A to Delete. After that was done I checked in my game folder and saw that the config file was created. I was now able to immediately change all keys.

I hope this helps.

Message 5 of 9 (9,207 Views)

★ Novice

Hi

It did not help me to config file and I was there from the beginning but does not change anything.
And in this config file is no change in the control key on the keyboard.

I tried to reinstall the game but nothing helped and plus it does the same in the game NFS Most Wanted.

Games purchased through Origin and bought a DVD of the game from the store.

The keyboard I have twice tried to replace but to no avail.

And this does the same to my brother in games NFS HP and MW2.

So while I have no other option but to set each button when you start games.

Thank you for advice.

Message 6 of 9 (9,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, when i change my controls it crashes.

I can't seem to have controls.NF11Save file aswell.

Message 7 of 9 (5,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hmm me too

Message 8 of 9 (2,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue. I have solved it by editing registry keys which define where some user profile folders (documents, desktop) are located.

I guess the reason of the problem is that Microsoft OneDrive once activated changes these folders location from i.e. %user_profole%\Documents to %user_profole%\OneDrive\Documents which can become a big surprise for every application which expects to find these folders at their native location.

My steps were as follows:

1) uninstall OneDrive (you can skip this step if you need this stuff by turning off synchronization of your profile with the cloud)

2) search in the internet the registry path of keys which define the location of user profile folders. It's somewhere in currentuser branch.

3) change the key values (remove '\OneDrive'), move your folders from OneDrive folder to your profile folder

4) reboot

5) start your game and enjoy

Message 9 of 9 (2,304 Views)