Highway Heist Crash

by JayeEConcord

Original Post

Highway Heist Crash

★★★ Novice

Whilst playing through the Highway Heist mission, I always get a CTD after Jess opens a small latch on the roof of the truck. The game fades to black as if it were loading the next portion of the cutscene, then instant CTD. I've read on the forums about a lot of people having issues with overclocked GPU's, so I removed the overclock that I put on my GPU in MSI Afterburner, but that still didn't help. Also, I don't seem to get any CTD's due to my overclock in any game, but I removed it as a hope it would fix the issue.

My specs are:

CPU - Intel i7-7700k @4.8GHz All Cores

GPU - MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000MHz

MB - MSI Gaming M7 Z270

PSU - Corsair H1000i

Also I am running this of a Corsair 510 NVME SSD.

Message 1 of 6 (1,512 Views)

Re: Highway Heist Crash

Community Manager

@JayeEConcord 

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,484 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried without any overclocks on my system (CPU, GPU and Ram), still getting a CTD on the exact same spot. I cannot progress any further in the game. My only solution at this point might be to download a save from someone else which is right after this mission.

Message 3 of 6 (1,482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. Also you cannot use saves from someone else cuz they have different account ids.

Message 4 of 6 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. EA literally has the worst technical support. Did you get any workaround for the crash? Right after Jess opens up the hatch of the truck the game crashes.

Message 5 of 6 (682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this thread is pretty old, but did you ever figure out a solution? I'm having the same issue and have no idea what to do.

Message 6 of 6 (99 Views)