Re: Having problem contacting license server.

by PinkyFloo

Original Post

Having problem contacting license server.

★★★ Newbie

Is anybody have an issue when they try to start up nfs shift and instead they get an error popping up stating that there was a problem contacting the license server. Ensure you are connected and active. Please try again in a few minutes. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 13 (14,169 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem as well. Shift 2 is crashing to desktop permanently too. Abandoned games?

Message 2 of 13 (14,005 Views)

★ Guide

The issue is with Origin. Some of the games purchased through Origin are having issues, while the original EA DVD versions of games are still working.

I can confirm that the original EA DVD versions of Undercover, Shift 1, and Shift 2, are working, including online access, except that in the case of Shift 2, the server no longer sends "unlock" messages, so additional content like the Limited Edition stuff can't be enabled if you don't already have a save that enabled the extra content when the server was working.

Message 3 of 13 (13,995 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actually solved it. Just open the link in the discussion, download the zip file en replace the 2 files. I also don't like downloading stuff, but this is legit.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24870/discussions/0/1733216261941467652/?l=english

Message 4 of 13 (13,875 Views)

★ Novice

Definitely looks like the only option to get the game running, I used the solution that you provided over in the following thread.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Need-for-Speed-Games/Having-problem-contacting-license-server/m-p/71...

you know DRM is becoming a problem when you have to openly spread fixes for EA's games on their support forums, and none of their staff are even replying let alone paying attention to the fact they have a massive problem, they're selling games with dead DRM servers.

also has the added benefit of not even needing Origin to run the game, although there is a crash on game exit for me.

Message 5 of 13 (13,814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

FYI, that download is 99% just a crack for the game, I'd wait until EA fixes this because you really can't know if they are safe, especially since they come from some random guy on the steam forums.

Edit: Actually, they claim it's just updated activation files copied from another game (someone says it's from Mirrors Edge), I personally downloaded ME fresh from Origin and the issue exists there (which is why I am over here replying to all the threads about it) so idk. I still recommend waiting for an official fix though, downloading stuff like this from untrusted sources is always a risk.

Message 6 of 13 (13,799 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can confirm that it works, analysed by windows defender shown no risks and tbh ppl will be more likely to infect you with a virus via any other download, these are just dll files ran by a non admin program, which takes risk even lower, what you see here is just someone helping the community fix EverAwful 5hit

Message 7 of 13 (13,680 Views)

★★★★ Novice

but if you're willing to wait take a sit my friend 

ffzun.jpg

Message 8 of 13 (13,679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes! This is exactly why I bought the original game and didn't downloaded it from warez...to make it crack even tho....

Why nobody from EA team don't respond to this question?

So far the support from EA..

Message 9 of 13 (13,644 Views)

★★ Expert

@PinkyFloo

LOL was digging your  Skeleton post as I was going around the forums tonight.

XP for you for an awesome post! 

Message 10 of 13 (13,589 Views)