Do nfs underground 1/2 and most wanted (2005) work on windows 10?

by FalloutFloyd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do nfs underground 1/2 and most wanted (2005) work on windows 10?

★★★★ Novice
I've managed to find a box set on ebay and, before I purchase it, I was wondering if need for speed underground 1, 2 and most wanted can run on windows 10 64-bit

From what I can tell, it's really hit and miss, with some times working stock, sometimes working with compatiblity/some kinda mod and sometimes completely not working. I don't wanna gamble so, does anyone here own those games that can verify it works on windows 10?

Cheers!
Message 1 of 7 (3,025 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Do nfs underground 1/2 and most wanted (2005) work on windows 10?

Community Manager

@FalloutFloyd

You should be able to play on Windows 10, use of the Windows Compatibility mode options may be required though.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (3,301 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@FalloutFloyd

You should be able to play on Windows 10, use of the Windows Compatibility mode options may be required though.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (3,302 Views)

★ Guide

One issue with Windows 10 and some NFS games is the copy protection being used. NFS Prostreet uses a copy protection that won't work with Windows 10. I don't know if this is an  issue with Underground 1/2 or MW (2005).

Message 3 of 7 (2,937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

hello

most wanted 2005 work no problem

NFSU 2  work no problem

nfsu does not work because of the CD protection. However it can be started and works very well but in a way not legal …… and with the administrator privileges permanently on the EXE

in conclusion NFSU does not work under W10 by default !

the box version of PRO STREET works without problem with W10 and the CD protection is not a problem as the game is updated in version 1.2,  unless it has changed since the last built W10 ....

Message 4 of 7 (2,919 Views)

★ Guide

"NFS Prostreet - version 1.2" - I wasn't aware of a version 1.2. There is a 1.1 patch that added some content, but won't work with analog joysticks or analog wheels that use "8 bit" steering output, versus a Momo type wheel that uses "10 bit" output. The 1.1 patch only supports "10 bit" steering output. With an "8-bit" controller, you only get 25% (1/4) of the steering range, so the game is not playable with the older style controller. The 1.1 patch also remove some cheat codes, but there's someway to get around that, although I don't remember. I'm still using the unpatched version 1.0 of Prostreet.

Message 5 of 7 (2,898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

it is not easy to find today but it is official because it adds the booster pack.

I do not know if this second patch is localized for all versions of the game. For the French/Europe version it has been. for the US version I do not know … 

it is also called patch 2 or DLC booster pack….

in any case I confirm that my french version with this second patch works under W10 and so far the CD copy did not pose a problem.

the official address was this one but now redirected by EA

http://www.electronicarts.fr/games/11141/

sorry

Message 6 of 7 (2,883 Views)

Most Wanted (2005) on Windows 10

★ Novice

I bought the original CD version of the original Most Wanted back when it first came out. Now I'm trying to play it in Windows 10 but it refuses to launch. I've installed patch 1.3 and have tried every single compatibility option there is but it still won't launch. Is there any way to get this game to work?

Message 7 of 7 (2,653 Views)