Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Constant crash/hang on Prostreet

by asf2424

Original Post

Constant crash/hang on Prostreet

★★★★ Novice

I haven't played the game on my pc for a while, but the last time I checked the game logs, it said that my version of Windows is too new (Windows 10). I know that this game is really old and probably too hard to update, but I think that there should be a patch so that any version of Windows (XP and newer, at least) can run it without that really annoying title music playing at the end of the race. I really think that the title music is ok, but only in the title screen, but while the game is crashed makes no sense.

Any solutions?

Sorry, I don't have a copy of the log.

Message 1 of 5 (226 Views)

Community Manager

@asf2424

You should be able to find a Windows compatibility mode that will allow you to play.

Check the following article for info on running the compatibility troubleshooter: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 5 (215 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

That seems good, but I'll see if it works before I mark it as a solution.

Message 3 of 5 (194 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That didn't work for some reason, all it really did was hurt my computer severely.

Message 4 of 5 (189 Views)

Community Manager

@asf2424

I don't think you will be able to run the game on Windows 10. Apart from the suggestion that @EA_Barry has already offered, I don't have a further single solution. Try doing a web search for running older games on Windows 10 and you should find some extra tips.

--Tom

Message 5 of 5 (184 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help