Constant crash/hang on Prostreet

by asf2424

Original Post

Highlighted

Constant crash/hang on Prostreet

★★★★ Novice

I haven't played the game on my pc for a while, but the last time I checked the game logs, it said that my version of Windows is too new (Windows 10). I know that this game is really old and probably too hard to update, but I think that there should be a patch so that any version of Windows (XP and newer, at least) can run it without that really annoying title music playing at the end of the race. I really think that the title music is ok, but only in the title screen, but while the game is crashed makes no sense.

Any solutions?

Sorry, I don't have a copy of the log.

Message 1 of 5 (464 Views)

Re: Constant crash/hang on Prostreet

Community Manager

@asf2424

You should be able to find a Windows compatibility mode that will allow you to play.

Check the following article for info on running the compatibility troubleshooter: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (453 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That seems good, but I'll see if it works before I mark it as a solution.

Message 3 of 5 (432 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That didn't work for some reason, all it really did was hurt my computer severely.

Message 4 of 5 (427 Views)

EA DICE Team

@asf2424

I don't think you will be able to run the game on Windows 10. Apart from the suggestion that @EA_Barry has already offered, I don't have a further single solution. Try doing a web search for running older games on Windows 10 and you should find some extra tips.

Message 5 of 5 (422 Views)