Re: Classic NFS games

by rcgldr

Original Post

★★★ Pro
Because its unrealistic and its more dangreous too mostly because of the NOS,there is a good reason that ricing is illegal in many countries. Personally ithink its overrated im more facinated by stock supercars, imean Maclaren F1 is still the fastest stock supercar these days. My point is i would rather have a Ferrari or Lamborgini instead of a boring every day car.
Message 21 of 36 (1,370 Views)

★★★ Pro
Actually yes, the guys from Black Box stated they saw one of the first Fast and Furious movies. And that was what inspired them too create Underground, the plan was too tribute the movies with a game with many of the same car in same setting. Personally i think that was a big mistake, it would be better if the made it as a own spin of series. But thats just my oppnion, sorry not everybody like tuning and that. And like you said not everybody listen too popmusic on radio, ironocally you got that right about me too.
Message 22 of 36 (1,369 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

NOS? Who said anything about NOS? How is having a bodykit, a wing/spoiler and some vinyls dangerous in any way, shape or form?

"Boring every day car"

A Skyline GT-R R34 is a boring everyday car? Or a 350z? Or an RX-7? Or a  Supra? 

You sound as if I'd buy a Peugeot 206, put NOS, cheap aftermarket bumpers and and a shelf as a wing on it. No, I wouldn't.

"i would rather have a Ferrari or Lamborgini instead

Let me put it like this, the 488 looks better and is better around a track than a standard 350z, but I don't want better, I want the little Japanese coupe with half the power. I want to up that power, put bumpers and a wing for downforce and race it around a track.

Plus you could probably buy a 350z for no more that 15k, I've seen prices go as low as 8k for the 2004 models.

Message 23 of 36 (1,351 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh yes, I'm all about everyone doing whatever the * they want, AS LONG AS it doesn't affect others. It seems to me that a lot of people in the car community who aren't interested in tunning and they're all about supercars and all that, much like yourself, like to hate on the people that are. Not necessarily into supercars, but just refusing to put any enhancements on their cars whatever they might be. So to clarify, I'm not bothered because they're not in it, I'm bothered because they're against it. 

And I didn't say NFS didn't take inspiration from F&F, I'm saying that F&F took inspiration from the REAL car tunning "culture" that was happening back then.

F&F and NFS brought it to all the kids, but it didn't start with F&F or NFS. You made it sound as if tunning cars started with Fast and Furious a few posts back and I disagree. F&F took inspiration from the import tuner scene from real life and then NFS took inspiration from F&F.

But to be honest, I didn't really feel like playing a Fast and Furious game when playing Underground. The setting was the sameTongue outowerful, riced, imported Japanese sports cars everywhere, but that was real and I think it still is .There are car meets in real life where you'd see cars that appeared in F&F and NFS. Now of course, it's brought to the extreme in these two, but the origins of it are still real.

Message 24 of 36 (1,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

your answer to this is pirating:P unless ea make solder versions available at store,

Btw PIRATING IS AGAINST THE LAW

Message 25 of 36 (1,295 Views)

★ Guide

@BVBgamer88 wrote:
Maclaren F1 is still the fastest stock supercar these days. 

Not anymore, there are several other supercars that are faster. The last McLaren F1 was made in 1998 (they only made 106 of them). In terms of top speed, the 1993 Dauer 962 Lemans (basically a street legal Porsche 962) had the highest top speed back then, 251 mph (versus F1 at 240 mph with speed limiter disabled). Wiki has a list of the "fastest" cars:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_car_speed_record

wiki also has a list of the "quickest" cars:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars_by_acceleration

Most motorcycles have a 300 kph (186mph) speed limiter due to EU rulings.. Wiki does have a list of quickest motocycles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_motorcycles_by_acceleration

Message 26 of 36 (1,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Mayby not but, it was still the fastest when Richard Hammond raced the Maclaren F1 against the Bugatti Veyron. Yeah that is mayby several years old, anyway i dont hate people that like ricing and all that. But it pisses me of when most of you say you want Underground 3, and you guys think you speaks for the whole community. The community is splitted Old school and the  Gen Z generation, my point is im tired of those tuner games. I just think its time for a Old school game again with supercars and tracks, and some classic teckno tunes not that stupid rap *.

Message 27 of 36 (1,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Out of the 20+ NFS games, only 2 of them, Underground and Underground 2, were about tuner cars. The games before and after include supercars, except for Porsche Unleashed, which is all Porsches, but it does include 1978 935 and 1998 GT1 race cars. NFS 1 through NFS 4 - High Stakes also have bonus fictional cars,  NFS 1 - Warrior PTO, NFS 2SE - Bomber BFS, FZR 2000, Tombstone, NFS 3 and NFS 4 - El Nino.

Message 28 of 36 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Pro
Yeah thats right but im talking about gameplay, HP2 was the last NFS game that dident have NOS or customazion. That has been a dominating part of NFS since 2003, my point is that is a long time. Yes the seven first games where about Supercars and tracks, but after that it was all about illegal tuner rides and all that. Yes there where som supercars in some of the games, but i was talking about a NFS game with only excotics like in the good old 90s. That is what i want too see in NFS again. i mean you guys have had it your way since 2003.
Message 29 of 36 (1,161 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can't you just play Shift 2 if you like supercars and racetracks so much? I played it and I loved it. Or the 2010 Hot Pursuit, it was a literal remake of the old one. I played that too, finished it and I loved it. I just want the early 2000s NFS games on origin, if they decide to include the earlier ones as well, it's even better for me because I'd have some catching up to do. I'm not really that interested in Ghosts' attempts to resurrect Need For Speed Most Wanted or Underground, I just wanna play the old ones without so many headaches. Just a version of those games that runs at least decent on W10. Because NOTHING is like the original.

Message 30 of 36 (1,155 Views)