Re: Handling/Steering

by Mthielson

Original Post

Re: Car jerks to the left or right

★★ Novice

Weirdly enough, the only car I DON'T have these issues is exactly the Mazda RX-7....

I find the symptoms are slightly better if you move the tire pressure a little bit to the grip side, turn off every assist, but the launch one, and max out aerodynamics (to the Grip side, once again).

.... Actually, try switching off the launch control one as well. I find that the least amount of assists, the better driving you get. Sure, drifting gets harder, but if you ever played any racing simulator as a drifter, you will be fine.

Just keep revving the gas as they do on Togues XD

Message 11 of 18 (3,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have same problem, car is pulling to right

Message 12 of 18 (2,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The issue is still not fixed, same as with NFS Payback.

feels like I'm playing Burnout with the handling of GTA

Come on guys, even free to play racing games get their handling good. 

Get rid of that crappy handling that no one asks for.

Message 13 of 18 (2,779 Views)

★ Novice

This crappy thing happens mainly because the game has a freaking lag input, and the wheels just response too slow to your input. If you turn right, the wheels go REAL SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW to the right. If you then turn to the left, first, wheels will SLOOOOOOOOWWWWWLY RECENTER, then SLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWLY turn to the left. It is like if it was a slow cam move. Don't know why Ghost Games didn't decide to take care of this crappy slowness. I suppose the reason of this slow response is that the game expects you to play with burnout style of playing, and so, they are adapted for a arcade-like game where you don't need that much control over the wheels but over the general direction of the car, and you only need to turn left or right and the game does all the rest for you. For those who actually want to grip, this is a * * because game will behave on his own and take forever to put our inputs in.

Message 14 of 18 (2,557 Views)

★★ Novice

2019 Necro IDGAF

Using keyboard or a 360 controller this problem still persists, regaurdless of vehicle used. It's most noticable and deadly at high speeds. Get up to 200 plus MPH and not even touching the steering it will randomly just * you into a rail or car and your dead. What a damn waste too, ive yet to find a suitable "new" racing game still.

Message 15 of 18 (2,033 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this same problem with the abandoned game nfs prostreet, sometimes my car goes slightly either left or right, but I'm able to control it, as well as at speed sometimes (namely 3-400km/h), I would like to by this game (I've downloaded the abandonware version of the game), but, I request EA to look into bringing back NFS Prostreet in a re-mastered version

Message 16 of 18 (1,950 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem in Need for speed most wanted. Hard to drive let along be able to do police pursuits. Is there any update from EA about why this is happening and when they are going to fix it. I use the keyboard of  a steering wheel and both the same thing my cars veer off to the left when i try driving straight running me into walls or off a cliff to nothingness. so just wondering

Message 17 of 18 (736 Views)

★ Novice

It was first reported in 2015, and Need For Speed Unbound was never fixed either so I'm going to assume the 100% don't care. I'm learning my lesson and not buying NFS games anymore. 

Message 18 of 18 (286 Views)