Can not log in to NFS Shift

by M4teeo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can not log in to NFS Shift

★ Apprentice

Hello, I bought NFS Shift today. I can't log in to the Online. When i accept the regulations, the following message appears: the specified cd key is already registered.

Message 1 of 5 (747 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can not log in to NFS Shift

★ Guide

You may have received a used copy of Shift instead of a new one. You should be able to return it for a refund. Amazon has a few new copies for less than $15 (US).

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (730 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

You may have received a used copy of Shift instead of a new one. You should be able to return it for a refund. Amazon has a few new copies for less than $15 (US).

Message 2 of 5 (731 Views)

★ Novice
I have the same problem ,how did you solve?
Message 3 of 5 (678 Views)

★ Novice
But I activated the game with the used copy you said
I'm able to play the single game mode at any time .
I want to play the online mode with my dear friend but the EA don't allow me. (T__T)
Message 4 of 5 (668 Views)

★ Guide

I didn't think Shift 1 used activation, at least not the DVD version I bought, but Shift 2 Unleashed does. For Shift 2, activation is handled by a different server, solidshield.com. You get up to 5 activations, and these can be on separate systems. The same key used for activation is also used one time (only) to associate it with an EA account. So in the case of a used copy of Shift 2, you can probably install and activate it, but you won't be able to use that key with a different account than the account it is already assigned to. You may be able to ask EA support for a new key, which could be used both for activation and to register with an EA account. 

If you bought a Steam version of Shift 1, it appears there may be issue with online registration. You'd have to ask EA support for help with this.

There's hardly anyone playing online any more for either Shift 1 or 2, so unless you setup a time with a friend to play online, you probably won't find others to do multi-player events with.

Message 5 of 5 (659 Views)