Re: Audio issue [PC]

by MaxxDownUnder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Audio issue [PC]

★★★ Novice

I have been having issues with the characters when they talk there is no sound coming from them. I can hear everything else like the car, tires screeching, game music etc. The only person I have heard sound come from so far was Marcus Weir but it also sounds like the audio from him was fading in and out or warping. So far I am just reading the subtitles for now when they speak.

CPU: Intel i5 4690K

RAM: 32GB

VIDEO: MSI GTX970 GAMING

DirectX 12

Message 1 of 11 (32,108 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Alright so I fixed it after looking around online, I figured out that I had to go to my speaker settings and configure it to stereo and now it works with no problems. I never had to do this with any other game. I'm happy I can finally enjoy this game in peace. If anyone else had this issue ---> right click speakers ---> playback devices ---> click speakers ---> configure speakers, set it to stereo then click apply.

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (32,578 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Same Here !

Message 2 of 11 (32,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same ! bad to solo experience 

Message 3 of 11 (32,056 Views)

★★★ Novice

Alright so I fixed it after looking around online, I figured out that I had to go to my speaker settings and configure it to stereo and now it works with no problems. I never had to do this with any other game. I'm happy I can finally enjoy this game in peace. If anyone else had this issue ---> right click speakers ---> playback devices ---> click speakers ---> configure speakers, set it to stereo then click apply.

Message 4 of 11 (32,579 Views)

No Sound in NFS Payback

★★★ Newbie

EA, please help me.

i just bought the game yesterday, downloaded it and when i launch the game there is no sound (only for this game). Already check the audio cable and everything.

Kindly fix this please, or refund my money. 

Thanks EA.

Message 5 of 11 (31,989 Views)

Audio glitching after a while...

★★★ Guide

I'm having a problem with the audio in this game. After a period of time (random) the entire audio on my PC glitches out and everything sounds like I'm underwater. Sometimes it comes back, other times it doesn't, and if I quit the game while it's happening it persists in my other programs as few for about a minute.

Initially I thought it was an issue with my sound card or headphones but it only happens in Payback. I've tried every Default Format for the audio and it still happens.

Message 6 of 11 (31,971 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had similar problem, there was no sound coming from my headphones.

As I had connected them via BT, I then tried to wire them to computer using jack and it started working just fine.

Message 7 of 11 (31,558 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had this problem as well! If you can start Payback in the portable smaller screen and let it load go into settings, Under graphics check Vertical Sync is ON, Full Screen ON, and Screen resolution enter your display resolution, ( mine was 1920x1080) save your altered graphics settings, close the game and restart it, mine has worked perfectly since doing this. Good luck. TurboTed.

Message 8 of 11 (30,819 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Yup @nfig08  what you outlined worked for me with a 2nd step
in short:

1  Sound > Playback > Speakers > Configure > Stereo > tick Left and Right

2 Sound > Playback > Speakers > Properties > Enhancements > tick Virtual Surround

1.1) ran nfs-heat 

1.2) opened Sound

1.3) Playback tab

1.4) ensure Speakers are listed with a green tick
1.5) click Configure > Stereo > TICK "Front Left & Right" (mine were not ticked)

Then I needed an additional step, because I noticed it wouldn't work on Stereo if i selected it using the MSI sound program, but engine noise and music would work if i selected 7.1

Sooo I went back to:

2.1 Sound > Playback > selected:

2.2 Speakers (green tick Wink haha)

2.3 clicked Properties

2.4 Enhancements tab

2.5 Selected VIRTUAL SURROUND

then it all worked ^.^ 

Message 9 of 11 (26,665 Views)

★ Novice

thank you very much . I tried everything atlast your method worked for me 

Message 10 of 11 (22,404 Views)