Re: Activation key in use?

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Activation key in use?

★★★ Newbie

When Need for Speed: Undercover first came out I had bought it brand new, at the time I did not use origin and played it from the CD.. Recently I have tried to add it to origin and it tells me that the activation key is already in use, I have not lent out my copy or given anyone an activation key. Is there a way that I can get it deactivated on another origin account that has stolen my key? I have proof of owning the CD and have the activation code of the back of the manual.

Message 1 of 3 (365 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

@_Lucky_Man_0001 @the_milky_man

By contacting support you will be able to have certain older games added to Origin. During your contact with them they will check for you if NFS:Undercover can be added in this way. I do hope so.. Standard smile

Good luck!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (368 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

@_Lucky_Man_0001 wrote:

When Need for Speed: Undercover first came out I had bought it brand new, at the time I did not use origin and played it from the CD.. Recently I have tried to add it to origin and it tells me that the activation key is already in use, I have not lent out my copy or given anyone an activation key. Is there a way that I can get it deactivated on another origin account that has stolen my key? I have proof of owning the CD and have the activation code of the back of the manual.

I had CD's of NFS Shift 2 and Hot Pursuit 2010 and they were non-origin, so support helped me in adding them to origin. So they can help you in this case.

Message 2 of 3 (352 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

@_Lucky_Man_0001 @the_milky_man

By contacting support you will be able to have certain older games added to Origin. During your contact with them they will check for you if NFS:Undercover can be added in this way. I do hope so.. Standard smile

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3 (369 Views)