Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Activation key in use?

by suhailshangari

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Activation key in use?

★★★ Newbie

When Need for Speed: Undercover first came out I had bought it brand new, at the time I did not use origin and played it from the CD.. Recently I have tried to add it to origin and it tells me that the activation key is already in use, I have not lent out my copy or given anyone an activation key. Is there a way that I can get it deactivated on another origin account that has stolen my key? I have proof of owning the CD and have the activation code of the back of the manual.

Message 1 of 3 (187 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@_Lucky_Man_0001 @suhailshangari

By contacting support you will be able to have certain older games added to Origin. During your contact with them they will check for you if NFS:Undercover can be added in this way. I do hope so.. Standard smile

Good luck!

--Tom

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (190 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@_Lucky_Man_0001 wrote:

When Need for Speed: Undercover first came out I had bought it brand new, at the time I did not use origin and played it from the CD.. Recently I have tried to add it to origin and it tells me that the activation key is already in use, I have not lent out my copy or given anyone an activation key. Is there a way that I can get it deactivated on another origin account that has stolen my key? I have proof of owning the CD and have the activation code of the back of the manual.

I had CD's of NFS Shift 2 and Hot Pursuit 2010 and they were non-origin, so support helped me in adding them to origin. So they can help you in this case.

Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)

Community Manager

@_Lucky_Man_0001 @suhailshangari

By contacting support you will be able to have certain older games added to Origin. During your contact with them they will check for you if NFS:Undercover can be added in this way. I do hope so.. Standard smile

Good luck!

--Tom

Message 3 of 3 (191 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help