Re: Activating NFS: Carbon on Origin?

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Activating NFS: Carbon on Origin?

★★★ Novice

Is it still possible to have NFS: Carbon added to your Origin account if you have the disc? I have seem numerous people online who have the game in their library, yet I have been told it's not possible :/

Message 1 of 13 (10,828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Some EA games are older and with a serial number that is not the new version, have several myself. they cant be added and download. but you can add a external program to Origin only older games then EA has relaunched through Origin can be done the normal way.

ps.

if you cant use redeem product code to add a EA older Title with its serial number then its to old.

Message 2 of 13 (10,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How have other people been able to get it added to their accounts then?

This guy managed to get it added to his account, here is the chat log from support:

Spoiler

You are now ready to chat with Garrett.
Garrett
Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Garrett. How may I assist you today?
Garrett
Can I please get your full name and email address as well as a description of your issue?
you
Hello.
you
sure
you
**********@gmail.com it is my email
you
can you help me with activation?
Garrett
Can I get your full name and then we can discuss this activation?
you
sure
you
my name is Gariko Igorev
Garrett
Hello Gariko, what did you need activated today?
you
I found my old CD with game and deside to install it to my account. But I cant to open activation window.
Garrett
So this is a disc copy of the game?
you
Yeah.
Garrett
Can I get the code please?
you
sure
you
2NE5-DYUD-AUSW-GAUV-ZRLD
you
here it is
Garrett
Which game is this for Gariko?
you
This is Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition.
you
I bought it in 2006
Garrett
Ah the older game?
you
Yeah its NFS 2005
Garrett
We are unable to issue this content as we simply do not have access to digital codes for "Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition"
you
so, where I can get help now?
Garrett
There is no way for this content to appear in Origin in-game. You will need to play the disc copy of the game.
you
Old games is not for origin?
Garrett
Some are yes, but this one is very very old. We do not have the version you are mentioning.
you
also I have need for speed carbon CD, its too not for origin?
Garrett
We can try for this game, can I get the code for this please Gariko?
you
sure.
you
4&&&&QWV28&&&&&&SP&&(существующий ключ на другом акке, спецом указал не верно)
Garrett
This code is showing invalid in both of our systems that have these old games. Please try again.
you
maybe I make mistake.
you
4&&&&QWV28&&&&&&SP&& (теперь указал верный ключ)
you
check now
Garrett
There we go :) Working on getting this converted for you.
you
Thanks so musch. I'm happy)
Garrett
****-****-****-**** is your code, register on the following site: https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do  (PROFIT! выдала мне новенький ключ)))
you
okay. I'll try it.
Garrett
Let me know how this goes Gariko.
you
You have successfully activated the following product(s): Need for Speed™ Carbon Collector's Edition -- English US (US) for your account: *******@gmail.com
you
Thank you for helping!
you
Good luck!

[edit- added chat log on under spoiler tag to clean up the topic] - Atic 

Message 3 of 13 (10,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @cadeharrison Try talking to EA support to see if the can help you out with that key. 

How to contact EA support: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

/Atic 

Message 4 of 13 (10,665 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Lots of advisor said they can not add Carbon into our account, what's wrong?

Message 5 of 13 (10,518 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Lots of advisor said they can not add Carbon into our account, what's wrong?

Message 6 of 13 (10,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

How old is that picture involving EA support converting the code to be used? I've tried many times to get them to add Carbon to my libary. I've given them my CD key, they can detect that it's still valid, however they can't add the game in, or convert the code at all. Yet i could get them to add need for speed pro street to my libary after a few tries.

Message 7 of 13 (10,201 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@suzybright the EA changed "code system" in 2013 idk why... thats why they are saying that you cant activate
Message 8 of 13 (9,832 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Atic 

Sorry to birng this back to life, but I came across this article from IGN about the removal of some NFS titles from online stores. One of them being Carbon. If Carbon was still being sold online, shouldnt it have a server to redeem codes? If so, why after all this time we cant even get a copy?

Link for the article:

Need for Speed: Carbon, Undercover, and More to Be Removed from Digital Storefronts - IGN

Best,

L

Message 9 of 13 (7,466 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Lunelli_98 If you bought it on Origin, it would have been added to the account per automation and no code bee issues. But redeeming an older code won't necessarily work as we moved away from the EA download manager (back in the day) to Origin and its systems.

Its why we redirect player to EA Support before as they could have helped out, thats not the case anymore.

/Atic
Message 10 of 13 (7,249 Views)