Re: O rly? I said game not lego.

by 10_GEAR_01

Original Post

2 players split screen for NFS Payback?

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I was wondering if the NFS series will finally have the two player option? Online and offline split screen. The last one I played was the new HP and it was great but no 2 player option online or offline.

Thank you,

Ninja

Message 1 of 29 (304,395 Views)

Nope! First Person view also no!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Here I'll to say for you because split screen died, with the improvement of tv and or monitor widescreen that option became unfeasible, and still have the marketing where two games sell more than only one, so split screen was dead for industry.

Message 2 of 29 (304,289 Views)

Re: Nope! First Person view also no!

★★★★★ Apprentice
Not entirely true, all the lego games still offer split screen, as does minecraft and Star Wars battlefront... but I haven't seen it in a racing game in a while which is disappointing. My son loves the hot wheels expansion of forza horizon 3 but it would be more fun to play together.
Message 3 of 29 (304,234 Views)

O rly? I said game not lego.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Oh, that good then if the lego have split screen, I was talking about games, SWB I don't know, but whatever, nobody cares!

Message 4 of 29 (304,201 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Just because you don't play them doesn't mean they aren't games genius... there's a world outside of your parents basement.
Message 5 of 29 (304,184 Views)

Re: 2 players split screen for NFS Payback?

★★ Guide

its not happening, and its never going to. so stop asking for it. the game simply can not do split screen because of how much power is required to have a split screen. 

Message 6 of 29 (304,051 Views)

★ Guide

Dude we are not in the 90s anymore, yes split screen was popular in the orginal NFS games in  mid 90s. But that was because we had bad internet at that time, nowadays we have much stronger internet connection. Plus NFS is not about Curcuit tracks anymore like we where used too in the old games, son split screen arent as practical anymore. Only open world racing game with split screen is Driver San Fransisco, if you want split screen you should buy that game. Or you can allways buy Gran Turismo or Forza 6\7. Plus i guess project Cars also will have split screen, so there are still a few racing games that support split screen.

Message 7 of 29 (303,883 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
You still don't have it right, the splitscreen in driver San Francisco was nothing like the one in NFS games, even the ones that had open world. There's a reason why people want it. They experienced more with it, although it declined with newer gen consoles, there are more games coming out with splitscreen gaming today, except for racing games which is pretty ironical. NFS had splitscreen racing in all of its games up until about 2007 none of their games since then have been as good. Not directly because of that but because they took away things like that when criterion came in that people really liked from NFS.
I agree that splitscreen multiplayer should come back in NFS, it's completely possible as long as they don't mind the weight of the game and a little extra work.
Message 8 of 29 (302,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Rest peace split screen. Sad how now we have larger tvs but barely have any new games to play split screen on it.
Message 9 of 29 (295,247 Views)

Re: 2 players split screen for NFS Payback?

★ Novice

You should check out Beach Buggy Racing on the PS Store. Fun split screen racing, reminds me of Mario Kart. Nothing close to NFS, but still fun. Standard smile

Message 10 of 29 (295,041 Views)