Re: nhl 18 slapshots wont follow through

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

nhl 18 slapshots wont follow through

★★★ Newbie

why wont it let me take slap shots. I have played since nhl 14 and have been able to take slap shots flawlessly. From the start of playing nhl 18, I have noticed that there is some bug that wont allow me to take a slap shot. EVERY time I attempt one, the player will wind up, but will NOT follow through. I have made sure that im not pressing the right stick because I know that that cancels the slap shot. I have tried 3 different controllers to see if that was the issue, but that was not the issue. I went back to nhl 17 to attempt a slap shot, and it worked flawlessly, there is just some bug in nhl 18 or my nhl 18 specifically that wont let me take one. EA or someone else please help me out here!!!!

Message 1 of 9 (4,810 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Hello Crazy...  Just got to get used to the fonction. I still have difficulty to do it everytime but I get better!  good Luck NHL18

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (6,656 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Hello Crazy...  Just got to get used to the fonction. I still have difficulty to do it everytime but I get better!  good Luck NHL18

Message 2 of 9 (6,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree it's awful ! I read that you have to pull back in the trigger but then have to push it back down to shoot ! I stopped playing it that's how annoying it is to me. The stupid answer of you have to get used to it is awful ! EA loves to fix things that are not broken.
Message 3 of 9 (4,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

iT DOES NOT GET BETTER! ITS A BUG!

Message 4 of 9 (4,170 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You need to make sure you're not clicking down on the right stick. That has been causing this to happen. I've experienced it myself, but started making sure I'm not clicking down and it has improved tremendously.

Message 5 of 9 (4,151 Views)

★★ Novice
  • I just tried slap shooting  it works almost fine in free skate. Only glitches in games. Clicking r3 makes no difference in freeskate. 
Message 6 of 9 (2,034 Views)

Community Manager

@1a2980sg60h2 

Are you playing NHL 18? Also, which control scheme are you using? Skill stick, Hybrid or NHL 94.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 9 (2,012 Views)

★★ Novice

Playing Nhl19

Shooting controls are default. 

My player stops a slapshot holds the puck then wrists shoots after three times i try to shoot. 

That is something i have noticed alot of times i go to shoot it my player will not shoot. 

Message 8 of 9 (2,004 Views)

Community Manager

@1a2980sg60h2 

Can you check your controls to see if you're on Skill Stick, Hybrid or NHL 94?

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,998 Views)