Why can't you trade players you get from collecting bonuses??????????

by BrownIdentity

Original Post

Why can't you trade players you get from collecting bonuses??????????

★★★★★ Novice

I don't understand why you can't trade players you receive from the packs you receive when you complete a collection.  It baffles me.  I played games to earn the coins to buy the players to complete the collections.  If I buy packs that include those players, I would be doing it with my own funds.  EA isn't doing me any huge favours by giving me these players.  If I just went out to buy some of these players I could sell them.

Why does this irritate me so much?  I keep getting the same players over and over again, and I keep having to sell them for nothing after I spent a ton of coins completing the team.

Why else does this irritate me so much?  If the game worked like last year, I would receive coins that I could use to buy the players I wanted.  None of the completing collection process helps me build coins so that I could go out and buy a premium player, like a Crosby or Stamkos or something.  I really just have to hope they show up in a pack.  The whole idea behind completing collections actually works against me having a great team now.  I have done 5 or 6 teams now and I just keep receiving the same players over and over.  And the "rare" cards are mostly coaches, contracts and training cards.  So useless... and even more useless since they just get discarded.

Absolutely baffling.

Message 1 of 9 (9,678 Views)

Re: Why can't you trade players you get from collecting bonuses??????????

★★★ Novice
Non tradable cards are complete **bleep**. They know how much real cash a person has to spend to complete a collection...I guess it would be possible, but hoist who can play that much. Then give me junk that I can't use to complete other collections!?! Worst part is collecting cards is more fun than playing NHL 15
Message 2 of 9 (9,675 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You don't have to spend real cash at all...... If Bonuses were tradeable it just destroys the Auction system becausethere willbe thousands of the same player lying around instantly. Within a month everyone would have every player and no auctions will be placed because no one needs those cards.

Message 3 of 9 (9,671 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's a really weak argument.  If that's the case, give me back the coins like last year.  I am virtually able to keep no players from the free packs because I keep getting the same ones over and over again.  You spend all these coins to buy players to complete packs, spend all this time to play games to earn those coins (I agree spending real cash isn't absolutely necessary), and you can't even use the reward.  I've received Valteri Filppula 5 times, 3 times in packs received from completing the same team.  Such stupidity.  At least let me destroy the cards at a reasonable value if you don't want them in the market... or better yet, reward with coins so I have an incentive to go out and buy players to complete my collection.

Absolutely baffling.

Message 4 of 9 (9,640 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Further to that... you wouldn't have thousands of players in the auctions if perhaps they varied the packs more.  There also literally thousands of cards available in this game.

Message 5 of 9 (9,639 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree man. I could understand if they just gave you great player after great player. But they don't , I have completed 5 teams and got nothing. The last team I completed I pulled a subban(great card) but not one I would put on my team. I was excited to sell him an get some of my favorite players an put together a good team, only to find out I can't do anything with him... It makes ZERO sense. EA please fix this nonsense.
Message 6 of 9 (9,250 Views)

★ Novice

omg i hear all of you, completed blackhawks collection, and got 2 ben bishops, and ryan getzlaf, and can't do anything with them, EA needs to get there head out of there *, there should be some sort of petition like mass effect 3 had, which was made by EA, and EA gave in, unbelievable

Message 7 of 9 (6,700 Views)

★★ Novice

But unless you choose to have no life, you can't build a real quality team! And after playing rookie and semi-pro games on the challenges its impossible to even win a face-off let alone a game 

Message 8 of 9 (3,629 Views)

★★ Novice

Plus people ask for unreal amounts in the auction house anyway, so why not allow people to use these bonus gained cards after an amount of time 

Message 9 of 9 (3,628 Views)