Why are the sabres red and black jerseys not in the game?

by Canadiens118

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why are the sabres red and black jerseys not in the game?

★★★ Newbie

I would like to consider this a formal complaint. These jerseys were worn during some of the best times in Buffalo Sabres history and they were bringing the city together as a whole more than ever. With them teasing to bring back that era's merchandise on social medias, I do not see why these beautiful sweaters should not be added to the game. Especially during a time of a crisis like this, the people could use a little warmth and comfort of the classic red and black jerseys.

Thank you for listening and stay safe.

Message 1 of 9 (2,829 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why are the sabres red and black jerseys not in the game?

Community Manager

Hi there, @Canadiens118.

It's possible this is a licensing issue. We don't have the rights to put any jersey we want in the game, unfortunately.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (2,762 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Canadiens118.

It's possible this is a licensing issue. We don't have the rights to put any jersey we want in the game, unfortunately.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 9 (2,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

How difficult would it be to look into the licensing issue? Not sure what year, but they have been on a previous NHL game

Message 3 of 9 (2,604 Views)

Community Manager

@Th0tS_N_T0tS 

I'm sorry. I wish I had a better answer for you, but I don't currently. If I find out anything else, I'll update this thread.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 9 (2,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any updates? I've been waiting to see this for years. Even the original royal blues were never in there but that exactly isn't an issue for '21. Lets get those 99-06 sabres jerseys in there

Message 5 of 9 (2,330 Views)

Community Manager

@nhoffman1987 

Sorry, but we don't have any details on what jerseys are coming to NHL 21. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 9 (2,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Th0tS_N_T0tS Koho made the res altsrnarws back thwn and im pretty sure they no longer wxist ans wernt obsorbes like ccm or bauer or anything. Im not sure id the blaxks were roo but i dont think rheyre koho w. Back then teams had different jersey manufacturers as opposed to know where Adidas makes every twams jerseys. But circa w0w2-23 season fen days after rhey first wore them their newest black alternates havnt been put into the hame. The reverse retros were in b4 a week went by. Ive been dying for years tobsee my sabres wearing blackbin nhl game and still with a current alternate its not in there. Theyve only wore them once wjere i think the reverse retros were worn twice b4 yhey got added...heres hoping.
Message 7 of 9 (1,252 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo How about this year's alternates? When will they be added? The reverse retros were sdded pretty wuickly after thry debuted on ice...been dying yo see the blackd get added to the game!
Message 8 of 9 (1,251 Views)

Community Manager

@tricktaylor1983 

I don't have any details on new jerseys being added. Should this happen, you'll see an announcement on our official channels.

I'm now locking this thread. The Answers HQ rules don't allow "necro-posting". This is when you respond to a very outdated thread.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,227 Views)