What happened to this "game"?

by gogol0311

Original Post

What happened to this "game"?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi everybody,

i've this game for a few months. I would like to make a statement (and complains too ;-)) just to say that :

-The IA on pro is crazy ridiculous, winning a vast amount of the face-offs, even when i send it to a player behind me, a player of the other team catch it most of the time. I've try to make a good team to progress without buying a single pack with "real" money, i don't like this, paying paying paying for everything's.

-So, now i've a team wich have 96 Gen and ATT at 99, def 99, goalies at 91 (Vernon at 93), i play the same way and i try to improve my skills, but again, this morning, i play twice on pro (that not a very high level, before i was playing many of the time on the semi-pro, but that my level)  versus a team with a gen at 86, i win the first period with 2 goals, in the two other's periods, the team went back and put me one timer on one timer and goals that are ridiculous to catch for a goal on this level, at the end, they win in the play off, it happen most of the time, i d'on't understand the "logic" behind this.

-So, if someone can explain why this crazy IA act like this, it's really not fair, i like hockey, but here, i've the impression to play a match and going to a job that i don't like if you know what i mean.

-I think, also, that doing many of the challenges for maybe hundred's of players is crasy ridiculous too, some are just impossible to do (i think) for a vast amount of player's like me, we just want to have fun playing, it's a game and it's what is suposse to be, no?

-So the final words for this, i want to progress in my game, i've try to make the best team as possible without paying and paying again, here i feel bad, i want to play on semi pro to have a chance to win a match and saying to myself, hey :" i win a match"", i'm not that bad as it seems (i'm not good either), but for now it's just like this, no fun (don' want an arcade game too ;-)), i see the exact same things with many teams (i don't remenber if that come from the last patch or because my team increase in level), but i repeat myself, it's RIDICULOUS, funny in an way  that i laugh and i cry at the same time, saying to myself, crazy. 

Please EA, i think i'm not the only one to think the same things, don't know if a new patch will come for NHL 20 or it's done now, but try to do somethings for players, many of us are medium players and jus want ot play better.

I think, that for the next version, there will be no buy for me, too greedy, that the way of the world, i would like tu suport the only Hockey game (i've an xbox onlu for this game for some years), but i will stop support your team and that sad, don't want to punish someone (they're jobs behind, people who live with this...), i'm just sick of all the things above and many little things with this. 

- Another thing that is crazy, when you have to collect (without paying a single €) Icons collectors for a player, i have Gordie Howe for example, the one with 94 that cost me a huge numbers of collectors, if i want the version up to this card i have to collect again 11,12,13 or more collectors, that weird, the same goes for Messier, i have the version 90 "leaders", i have to "pay" again many many collectors to have "98" version of the players, common EA, that weird, you imagine the time it ask for this when you don't buy packs (even if you buy those, that too much a kind of lotery), that very frustrating for a player, for a gamer who want to have FUN, hope you consider for the next version, i have no hope for a patch for all of this problems in NHL20.

-So, today i will unisnstall the game and say goodbye to a game i would like to like.

Sorry for the long message and all the mistakes in it, i'm french and i try to do my best.

I wish you the best things and stay safe ( and try to do a game for gamer's ;-)), you khow, something's suppose to be fun, not unfair and overcheating.

Regards,

François

Message 1 of 4 (453 Views)

Re: What happened to this "game"?

Community Manager

Hi there, @gogol0311.

Thanks for all the feedback. I know the higher difficulty levels can be tricky. Especially on All-Star and Superstar, make sure you don't chase the puck carrier. The AI teams are really good at taking advantage of open lanes. Chasing the carrier tends to open up good opportunities for passes and shots that the AI teams will take advantage of.

When it comes to paying for HUT content, I think this is the best year for free to play players. I've gotten some very nice rewards from Squad Battles and Rivals, but this of course means spending a lot of time playing and grinding out those games for better rewards.

We hate to see you quit playing. Have you considered playing Online Versus instead of HUT? You don't have to worry about upgrading players or playing against others with a team a lot higher ranked than yours.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 4 (410 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Aljo,

if you read exactly what i've wrote, it's not exactly what i mean in 'good AI", i think a good AI for a team that's weaker than you and scoring goals like a superstar team(on PRO) is kind of frustrating and i will not call this GOOD, but maybe more BAD, it fell very computer behind all of this and this this not what i like, the team that beat me always score at the same moment of the match whan they're loosing, that weird. As for HUT, i don't play versus human opponents because i don't want to play another subscription to Microsoft, i already have a internet connection which is very expensive. Maybe if a day the team decide to go on PC i will change my mind, in the other case, i won't. 

The point here: with my team (and my personnal level which is not very high), i should be able to beat a near 80, and that not the case anymore(not everytime), it's really creazy game, do you play your own games and have fun with it? I think that beating a team with a score of 10-1 is not good either, but before, i was able even on pro with a weaker team to do so.

For the paying content in HUT, i've a little smile on my face, i reach most of the time the level 1000 in term of ranking, many many weeks without a single players in the packs above 85 gen. I kept them to fill th part where you need 50 gold players for 1 icon collector, as i said before, it take a crazy amount of time, i mean, when you have to pay an upgrade as i explain before of 14 or 11 (no matter) and after this if you want to upgrade it again, paying another 14 icons collectors is crazy.

Where i'm afraid, is when you say that "this is the best year for free to play players", i don't know where EA is going in terms of microtransactions and i hope at some point that France will do as Belgium, but i doubt so, because of the money they (Gouvernment) earn from this kind of practice, money rule the world , and that bad. 

I've work in a french company that is a very known one in term of "frozen products"(food), at the beginning, they said to us: "one customer you win will and you will gain 3 customers more, one customer you loose will make your company loosing 10 customers", so, to say they were very turning towards the customers, and they tell us to take it easy with customers, very much...

I'm sorry to say that after many other games of EA (the sims, i own the 3 and many other games), i will not support you anymore, and i'm sad as you are, but, that only a game. As i said also, i don't want nobody to loose is job, lost miine some years ago after crysis in Newspapers and magazines here in France, i don't want it happen to everyone. But here, you lost me. I've unplugged my XBox and i've a lot lot many other's games. That sad to say and i repeat that i would like to love your game, but the things are turning wrong...

I thank you again EA_Aljo to take time to answer.

Message 3 of 4 (401 Views)

Community Manager

@gogol0311 

Thanks again for all the feedback.

If I'm understanding you right, the problem is that you are struggling to beat Squad Battles games on Pro and you don't like the cost of upgrading items. Maybe playing a different mode would be a good solution? There are other offline modes where you don't have these options. Be A Pro and Franchise might be fun for you as well.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 4 (389 Views)