Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

by ldwootbfmgmo

Original Post

Re: Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Would you say upload speed has a big impact on it? My ISP should be getting me 15mbps but it’s always at 7
Message 81 of 183 (2,085 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo it’s for sure to do with the servers. I go play P2P in draft champions or online versus and the skating has no delay, compared to when I play on the dedicated servers. It’s so frustrating . I like to play world of chel and hut but skating annoys the crap out of me. Is there a way you can have the servers refreshed or something? Are you saying that my ISP is making my guys slower when I try connecting to your servers and not with other people? Like I’m really trying to figure this out.
Message 82 of 183 (2,059 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Those jumps in the UoTrace is also related to ping. I don’t think that’s the problem. We need the servers refreshed or something. I don’t know why it’s only some people. I also see some others who say they have fibre and gigabit internet and still get “skating in mud” I’m sure those people would agree that P2P is a lot better. Dedicated servers are good for keeping pings stable and not based on others connections but on the other hand the servers are making me guys turns slow and feels like they have sand bags on their skates. Can’t turn fast enough multiple times. Their guys outskate me so easily . It ruins the game
Message 83 of 183 (2,056 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

7 MB of upload is more then enough for gaming trust me it’s not your isp it’s ea servers .. just go on Twitter and you will see how many people are complaining 

Message 84 of 183 (2,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

If it were a problem with the servers needing to be restarted, everyone would be feeling the same thing. That's not the case as the people that are playing without issue are significantly higher than these reports.

Where are you located? Normally, a P2P connection in Online Versus being faster means you're far from the servers. You're welcome to provide another UO Trace. That way we get the most current results.

As far as 7 MBPS goes, that's pretty slow. Most likely that's part of the issue. However, connections typically fluctuate so it's not a steady 7 the whole time. It could be going lower and higher. If you were on a higher speed connection, chances are excellent you're going to have a faster, more consistent game.

Aljo.png
Message 85 of 183 (2,008 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo If i was further from the servers I’d get more ms than playing P2P I had good skating with 90 ms and in dedicated servers I get crap skating with 40 ms. Distance means more ms more ping. That’s the amount of time data is sent back and forth is it not?
Message 86 of 183 (1,987 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo I am paying for 300 download but only getting 100-150 which is more than okay. The upload I should be getting is 15 but I get 7. I go play on another connection with 15 upload and it still feels the same.
Message 87 of 183 (1,988 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo I don’t know how to put it but it’s like the servers don’t want certain people to win it’s selective
Message 88 of 183 (1,987 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljothe only other idea I have is my Xbox has an issue with the servers. Not jiving well anymore. I’m sure once I get a series x it’ll be gone. If it’s not then your servers are being selective no other way to put it

Message 89 of 183 (1,980 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

The servers are not self-aware with a chip on their shoulders for specific players. 

As far as your specific issues go, let's get another UO Trace. Previously, yours were not good with the problem started when your data moved beyond your router. That would mean it's an issue with your ISP. I'd like to see if that's still the case. The UO Trace instructions are here.

Aljo.png
Message 90 of 183 (1,979 Views)