Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

by ldwootbfmgmo

Original Post

Re: Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The best ping I get in dedicated servers would be on average around 40 ms. It’s never below that, even in P2P I can have a higher ping and still have good responsive skating
Message 11 of 183 (1,749 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo I am doing the uo trace right now.
Message 12 of 183 (1,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

That would be due to the distance from the server then. You're connecting to people through P2P that are closer than the dedicated server. You're kind of right in the middle between the NW US and server the other in central US.

Aljo.png
Message 13 of 183 (1,724 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Both uo traces uploaded.

I've noticed the same unknown host in the first trace was losing the packets in the second trace. Is this what is causing the problem? I also see that the difference between best and worst pings is more than 100 ms. My pings in game and on xbox live is 40-50 ms on average. Im sure the ping is not different when I go between P2P and dedicated servers. I will double check the next game I play on P2P.

Message 14 of 183 (1,720 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo If my pings are the same between P2P and dedicated servers that still doesn't make sense. If the pings are the same, your logic would mean I should have the same issue in both P2P and dedicated servers
Message 15 of 183 (1,718 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

Your traces show very high pings. Did you run this on a wireless connection? If you're playing on a wired connection, you need to test on one or the results are going to be a lot different.

Aljo.png
Message 16 of 183 (1,704 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo This was done on a wired connection to my laptop.
Message 17 of 183 (1,696 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Wait.... I realized the symbol wasn't showing a wired connection.
Message 18 of 183 (1,689 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

Sounds like it was wireless. That explains the very high ping times. Run it again wired and let me know when you get those results.

Aljo.png
Message 19 of 183 (1,687 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Now this is wired. 

Message 20 of 183 (1,676 Views)