Community Manager

@ChellinQuinn 

What time did you run these tests?

Aljo.png
Message 141 of 183 (1,880 Views)

Re: Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_AljoI am located in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. I ran these tests in the evening hours yesterday. I am the same person you have been talking to before the original poster

Yes the easo.ea.com one looks normal but I have used a program that tracks the IP addresses I send data to and used it while loading up chel so to be clear this is the IP address I ping when I load into the menus not when I am in a game. This is where my traffic gets sent to Europe. This has to be what's causing my input delay.

Edit: I'd like to add that this isn't just skating in mud but this also affects my AI. Late reactions for puck pickups, positioning they also can't get up to speed. Also affects when I'm playing as goalie the reaction for the save animations are late in EASHL

Message 142 of 183 (1,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_AljoIt would be nice to get other people to check what IP they are pinging so I can figure out if I'm indeed getting a different IP address than everybody else or if it's the route it takes. I start getting high pings in my trace route after it leaves my ISPs network. Once it goes through zayo then it hits high. Something that's happening there may be affecting it to get misdirected through UK then to 159.153.228.21 which I don't know for sure is EA Ireland or if it's Redwood California. Probably is Ireland. Should make more hops if it was back in the US. That long hostname the 3rd hop from the bottom is the UK one it's part of Zayo. Is this Zayo network one that EA uses? Is there other networks that are used to route traffic to the proper EA server? Everybody I ask while playing chel either thinks it's too much to do or just doesn't care. So I need to ask on here I've seen some guys already go through the trace routes so all I need them to do is see what IP they are connecting to and trace to that 1. It would definitely help narrow this issue down.

Edit :if you look at these pictures they are from the LG website for nhl 15. They had captain lag they called it. This looks similar to what I get. Except this is every game regardless of being captain or not. Third IP from bottom is from UK and now when I look up that 159.153.20.7 it comes up as Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands. That's the server I was pinging in like 20 or 21 or something. 

It looks the same after it leaves their ISP the high ping starts there it starts in level3 mine starts in zayo. After blocking a certain IP address they would have it better. I'm not sure which one they were blocking but when I block the ones that I connect to I can't connect at all it keeps trying to connect to the same server 

Message 143 of 183 (1,812 Views)

Community Manager

@ChellinQuinn 

Are you using a VPN by chance?

Aljo.png
Message 144 of 183 (1,790 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I am not. I have tried to see if it worked but doesn't help. It's not just chel either I've connected to Europe servers in warzone and Xbox live itself. I should contact my provider then right
Message 145 of 183 (1,759 Views)

Community Manager

@ChellinQuinn 

Yes. Try contacting your ISP. There could be an issue with how your connection is being routed.

Aljo.png
Message 146 of 183 (1,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_AljoSometimes Im not sure what it is.. lol. Doing that clear mac address sometimes helps. Theres one thing that I felt that helped was changing the port on the xbox to the highest port all the way at the bottom. Could it be something to do with those ports?

I apparently have some packet loss too I looked on ping plotter showed up to 80% could just be a glitch with the program I used other things like the command prompt ping command and I seen a few packets get lost. Also seen something on paessler prtg network monitor. So theres something. Maybe the 1-2% is affecting it, if it is that. A couple times I even did the network statistics on the xbox and 1-3% would pop up on there. There was one occasion on nhl I was playing and all of sudden there was a big lag spike and a lot of packet loss I have a clip of it on my xbox Im pretty sure . But that was really rare. A normal connection you would never have any packet loss I remember I would never get any packet loss long time ago and now its such a nuisance.

On the other hand, I just reopened all the ports again today and it feels more better with my AI and passing power, shot power. My guys are picking the puck up more and all that. Still feel a bit of a turning delay but could just be the normal latency, and im just thinking any little delay is from this issue. The big issue right now is my guys not being able to hustle and react and all that. Opening the ports fixed that right now. We will see how long it stays like this. I'll update you tomorrow.

Message 147 of 183 (1,331 Views)

Community Manager

@ChellinQuinn 

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

Aljo.png
Message 148 of 183 (1,311 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo So could be coincidence the hard resets and clear cache sometimes works later at night. Usually never during the day.

Every single time I'll have it work once in a blue moon but it always goes back to being bad. I have a feeling it is to do with logging into ea Ireland. It's not just to login it pings that server every time I'm searching for a game too. So it has to be based off of it like maybe it's thinking I'm in Ireland but when I actually connect to my game server in canada the routing to it is going to Ireland and back.
Message 149 of 183 (580 Views)

Community Manager

@ChellinQuinn 

We don't actually control the routing. That is handled by your ISP. 

Aljo.png
Message 150 of 183 (570 Views)