Re: NHL 21 Download Roster Error

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Roster Update error

★★★ Novice

The latest roster update for NHL 21 seems not be working, when you try and download it you get a error message . Ive spoken to EA support and they told me to delete the game file which I did but it didnt fix the issue . I'm hoping the tech support have spoken to the EA NHL staff about this issue because trying to download the roster file will delete all created players.

Message 1 of 11 (2,077 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Roster Update error

★★★ Novice

i was able to fix it by deleting some old online roster files, the error said I couldnt download the latest roster because I had to many offline files(only had 3). I'll be keeping a look out if I get the same error message when the next roster update drops

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (2,041 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@BrianSharp245 

What's the exact error you're getting and have you tried power cycling your console and network to see if that clears it up?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,049 Views)

★★★ Novice

i was able to fix it by deleting some old online roster files, the error said I couldnt download the latest roster because I had to many offline files(only had 3). I'll be keeping a look out if I get the same error message when the next roster update drops

Message 3 of 11 (2,042 Views)

Community Manager
@BrianSharp245

Glad to hear you figured it out and thanks for coming back to share it on the forums in the event others experience this they know what to do.

Keep us updated if it continues to happen, good luck on the ice this weekend!
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 11 (2,039 Views)

NHL 21 Download Roster Error

★★ Novice

I have been playing world of Chel ever since the game came out and now for some reason I get a “download roster error”, I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling and that hasn’t worked. I have seen other people post about the same issue so I doubt it is a network issue.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Message 5 of 11 (1,908 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@the_colorful_nut Did you try deleting the older rosters like what the other user posted in the thread?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 11 (1,875 Views)

★★ Novice

I can’t find how he did it, was it through his console settings or through the NHL 21 settings?, I’m on PS4

Message 7 of 11 (1,863 Views)

★★ Novice

I also believe it has something to do with my account because I tried to get online from another PlayStation on the same account and I got the same error so I don’t think it has anything to do with my console

Message 8 of 11 (1,856 Views)

Community Manager

@the_colorful_nut 

Here is how to delete content on the PS4: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps4-manage-storage-space/

Have you tried re-installing the game? Where are you exactly getting the error. Are you going into a specific game mode?

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 11 (1,838 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried deleting old rosters and I still had the same issue, I also already did delete the game and reinstalled it and I still got the same error. I only get the error when I try and get into online modes like World of Chel and Hockey Ultimate Team. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,810 Views)