Re: Players stop skating when they have the puck

by SwedishStylee

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

It unfortunately is the controller or all three in your case. I have one that it does the exact same thing where the players stop moving when they have the puck and it's because the right stick is slightly off. You can try to calibrate it, however if that doesn't work you will have to buy a new controller.

Message 11 of 19 (4,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is not a hardware problem. If it were a hardware problem, the issue would occur in other titles as well as NHL 16 or in other parts of NHL 16. I have this issue as well and it ONLY happens when my player has the puck. When I'm on defense, in the menus, or doing anything else, everything works perfectly fine. It works flawlessly in every other game.

This is a software issue and one without a fix currently. For me, it happens in Be a pro mode and I can occasionally trigger it by not moving. Like skate, stop skating, then the game doesn't register that I start moving again.

There is no way both of my controllers are broken and I've experienced no movement issues anywhere else in any other game.
Message 12 of 19 (4,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Having the same problem, is there any real solution by now? It happens all the time and the game isn't playable like this. 

Message 13 of 19 (4,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, it cannot be hardware as it happens to all four of my controllers and the same happened in nhl 2015. I bought 2016 as I thought 2015 not supported anymore, unfortunately I was wrong as I'm facing the same issue in 2016. It only happens when I attack... There must be somebody from EA to comment on this...

Message 14 of 19 (4,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Change the control setting to either nhl 94 or hybrid and it seems to work again
Message 15 of 19 (3,909 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I don't understand what the solution is.
Can someone let me know.

Thx
Message 16 of 19 (3,632 Views)

★★★ Novice

How can it not be a software problem if controller works in every other game + works when changing control settings to nhl 94 or hybrid? It definitely is a software problem.

Message 17 of 19 (3,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is actually the most frustrating thing in the world. Ive tried multiple controllers (including a brand new one I bought just for this problem.) Tried different controller settings, tried using the old version 1.00 and 1.01 and the updated version and it's still doing this bull. and after the money and time spent on this game......... Ea continues to * me off

Message 18 of 19 (3,397 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue in NHL 18, EA are you noticing this?

Message 19 of 19 (2,424 Views)