Players stop skating when they have the puck

by drzeusmd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Players stop skating when they have the puck

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have this very intermittent problem where the players on the team that I am playing in Any mode will stop skating once they have the puck. They behave like they are in the middle of making a move and hold their legs still, but only can glide slowly and pass. I have gone an entire game without it happening, but it has been getting worse and worse to the point where the game is unplayable because it is happening so often. I have tried with a different controller and I get the same issue. Any advice is appreciated.
Message 1 of 19 (17,953 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Players stop skating when they have the puck

★★★ Newbie
The answer is very odd. It is not software. In using the controllers in question with another game, the right joystick is broken on both of them! The result was a slow up-tracking on the right joystick causing the effect. Despite being freaked out that I did this to two controllers, I'm very happy it's a solvable problem.

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (21,733 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
The answer is very odd. It is not software. In using the controllers in question with another game, the right joystick is broken on both of them! The result was a slow up-tracking on the right joystick causing the effect. Despite being freaked out that I did this to two controllers, I'm very happy it's a solvable problem.
Message 2 of 19 (21,734 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same issue right now. Both of my controllers work perfect for other sporting games like NBA. So I don't know how it can be the controllers.

Message 3 of 19 (17,735 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have had the same issue since the last patch. Anyone knows what that is?

Message 4 of 19 (17,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is actually the most annoying thing ever.  the speed burst is useless, as the player doesnt even skate, they just glide.  such a disadvantage and incredibly frustrating.  I find it happening even when the guy doesnt have the puck.  I am starting to loose blatant icing races as the d man.  It was not an issue earlier and my ps4 is not even 3 months old yet so i doubt its the controller as my other games work fine.  To the guy that started this thread, wouldn't it be the left joystick that controls your skating thats broken?  The most frustrating thing is this little forum is the only place online I have seen these similar concerns shared.  EA please help us!!!

Message 5 of 19 (17,598 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Having the same issue.... weak sauce
Message 6 of 19 (17,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im not sure to understand how you fixed up this probleme can you help me pls 

Message 7 of 19 (17,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

From experience, the way to resolve this issue, as i did was to buy a new controller. your L3/left joystick is broken.  thats the problem.  annoying tha i had to shell out $70, but you wont regret it.  I actually forgot all about the problem.  but thats why there is no resolution posted anywhere and so little info, it's just the controller.

Message 8 of 19 (17,208 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It's not the controller. I've used 3 different controllers and the problem persists.
Message 9 of 19 (16,970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any one come up with any answers to this problem yet?? I really don't want to go out and buy another controller if that is not gonna fix my problem

Message 10 of 19 (16,747 Views)