NHL Legacy - BE A GM Roster Glitch - Reserve List 0/50

by -I___ElsEls___I-

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NHL Legacy - BE A GM Roster Glitch - Reserve List 0/50

★★ Novice

I was playing Be A GM Mode on NHL Legacy and at the end of the season when I went to resign players the reserve list showed 0/50 and my unsigned list showed 88/44, so all my players RFA and under contract were showing on the unsigned list. When I tried to sign new rookies I got responses that roster was full even though it wasn't full. I can assure you than I had open roster spots since I have tried releasing players to the free agent list and it still gave me the roster fill response. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or are there any suggestions for fixes?

Message 1 of 4 (1,077 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NHL Legacy - BE A GM Roster Glitch - Reserve List 0/50

★★ Novice

Thanks you. I wasn't looking for a patch, but rather an explanation or workaround. I was able to find more information on this issue including an explanation. It is apparently called the ELC (entry level contract)  bug. This issue presents itself if there are more than 40 unsigned rookies at the start of the RFA resigning period.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,010 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I thought I'd add a screenshot that showed the unsinged at 0/50 but below the list shows several players under contract so this can't be 0/50 in reality. Something seems to have gone wrong as the contracted (and RFAs) are included in the 88/40 unsigned players. This issue this is causing is it won't allow me to sign rookies since the system now thinks the roster is full even though I have several open spots.

screenshot.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (1,047 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @-I___ElsEls___I- 

I'm very sorry for the frustration with this. Unfortunately, there are no planned updates for NHL Legacy as this game was released several years ago Frown

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 4 (1,033 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks you. I wasn't looking for a patch, but rather an explanation or workaround. I was able to find more information on this issue including an explanation. It is apparently called the ELC (entry level contract)  bug. This issue presents itself if there are more than 40 unsigned rookies at the start of the RFA resigning period.

Message 4 of 4 (1,011 Views)