NHL 19

by jonaple2016

Original Post

NHL 19

★★★★ Novice

I play NHL 19 with an old friend.

I share the game with him for my season and he shares the game with me for his season.

What we have observed is that the one receiving the split has a lot more difficulty playing, the passes are less precise and they seem to have a very slight delay in play. We have both high speed videotron 30 (30megbits in download and 6.4 in upload on the PS4) Would the problem be solved if we had more upload speed? Or is it the ps4 sharing location that is at fault? Would it be better with a newer NHL? Like NHL20 or 21 I know several questions but thank you for enlightening me

Message 1 of 12 (6,378 Views)

Re: NHL 19

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi there, @jonaple2016.

Can you have your friend contact us so that we can go through some connection troubleshooting with him? While you both may use the same provider and have the same download/upload speeds, there are other variables that can cause differences in connection. A download of 30 and upload of 6 should be fine so it's possible something else is causing the difference in play. Wired vs wireless, network traffic, equipment, etc.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 12 (6,369 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello and thank you for your prompt response.

We both play wired, as well as even PS4.

I don't understand why you want my friend to contact you.

Can you check it remotely? As the problem is as much for them as for the other I could answer your questions

Thank you for taking the time to help me

Message 3 of 12 (6,342 Views)

Community Manager

@jonaple2016 

The reason I wanted your friend to contact us was that I thought it was them that are having the problem. Regardless, we'll go through the troubleshooting. Whoever is having the problem you're describing should power cycle their equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 12 (6,308 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the start of the solution but these steps have already been done without success!

Message 5 of 12 (6,298 Views)

Community Manager

@jonaple2016 

Thanks for trying that. Possibly, alternate DNS settings will help. Try following the steps here. If you don't see a difference, try the Google DNS servers. Those are: Primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - Secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 12 (6,295 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Should I see a difference in speed with these alternate DNS settings? Because when I test the speed I don't see a big difference, I didn't try to share the game
Message 7 of 12 (6,285 Views)

Community Manager

@jonaple2016 

It may help with the delay you're experiencing. It would be good to see what's happening. You say passes aren't as precise. Can you get some video of passes not going where you aim? I need to see the controller overlay also so hit the Triangle button to remove the playback controls during the replay.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 12 (6,280 Views)

★★★★ Novice
We played yesterday and tested the proposed alternative DNS without much change. We still have to test the google DNS. As for sending you a video, I am not comfortable enough with computers to produce this for you. So to follow.
Message 9 of 12 (6,266 Views)

Community Manager

@jonaple2016 

Your console has a built-in game DVR that will record clips. You can also publish them straight from your console and provide a link to them. The instructions for each console are available online so performing a search should easily find them.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 12 (6,263 Views)