Re: NHL 14 Issues in Live the life

by Blackmagik75

Original Post

NHL 14 Issues in Live the life

★★★★★ Newbie

Im sitting as a veteran pro and am the top check player and goal scorer? why I never get promoted above the first line and why I keep getting sent down? when my Player is sitting 75+ in all attributes and is never promoted to Assistant Captain or Captain of the team, This game is seriously flawed also I can't seem to be able to block shots from the opposition i.e.. Lie down and protect the net,  I am using the old controls NHL 94 controls and they work very well but I don’t seem to be able to throw my body out to block the puck or or poke the puck away from the opposition without charging them down and getting a penalty, also I would like to point out that my player has 100% relationship with Management and team and fans and Family surely that is good enough to at least qualify for captain or assistant captain, I look forward to your reply

Message 1 of 15 (17,626 Views)

★ Guide

How many seasons have you been with your current team...it took me a few seasons once I transfered to get back to being a captian...and i can tell you that the whole block/poke check problem is because of the control system your using...yes it is messed up and needs to be included in a tuner update but I would recomend switching to skill stick settings...Its the only way to really advance your skills in the game and the only real way to be competitive when playing in any online game mode in my opinion...certain controls just aren't in the 94 mode which is why I had to switch

Message 2 of 15 (17,481 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Been playing 2 seasons know and still haven't been promoted to captain I have to admit I did simulate a bit of the game play on my second season is there any logical reason why I keep ending up in the Provence Brunes when I reach the 1st line I also noticed on one of these occasion's I was promoted to Assistant captain in the Provence Brunes and then when I got into the nhl again I lost my Assistant Captain rank even though I was on the first line again

Message 3 of 15 (17,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem 3 season as lw sniper best at everything 2 Times conn Smith and cup champ over all of 99 and Never skip a game
they name every one execpt me

Since ive been Put to the first for the canadien Never been drop Line plz explain why im not at least A
Message 4 of 15 (14,225 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm wondering if the way they work the A and C positions is not based on overall (not quite) but tenure on the team. I'll explain using my

current player.

My Offensive Defenseman was drafted by the Oilers and after the standard 3 year rookie contract and 1 additional year I put in there, my

player wond up being a 99 overall player, easily the best player in the league winning pretty much every applicable trophy. At this point, I

was never given either the A or C. 

During this time however, the existing Oilers Captains and Alternates (Horcoff - C, Whitney - A and Hemksy - A (I think)) never left the

team. As such, the game keeps the existing C and A on the same players even though you're able to rack up way more points than all of them

combined.

So after my 4th year with Edmonton, I signed with Philly. So now we're into 2018 and one of the alternates (Think it was either Pronger, Timonen or Briere) retired. At that point, I noticed I was given the 'A" during pre-season and have had it ever since. That being said there was no notification that I was awareded the A patch.

Another example that I've had is my Power Forward cycling through the entire year in the CHL (Lethbridge Hurricanes) winning the Memorial Cup and entering the NHL Draft rated at 86. I was drafted by the NJ Devils and almost immediately got the A patch since I was coming into the team basically the 2nd best rated player behind Ilya Kovalchuk AND the fact that one of playesr who previously wore the A for the NJD left the team. 

I wish EA was a bit clearer on what it takes to obtain the A and C as the silly rating scale for Fans/Players/Owners and Family have no effect on this at all. 

Message 5 of 15 (14,076 Views)

★ Novice

The game glitched or something, seems like every time I hit a player just crossing the line into my teams zone, but he gets a pass to a team mate of his just before I level him.. I play as a defenseman, my defensive partner still in a good position, the guy that received the pass takes a long shot and it like always goes in, no matter how far and nobody screening our goalie.. guess I should stop hitting the other team soon as the cross the line into my teams zone. 

And as for the assistant captain or captain thing, i've never been one in the NHL cause I haven't been there long enough yet. 

I have been an assistant in the WHL, which I got sent back to even though after about 60 games in the NHL I had 115 goals, 108 assists, 223 points and led the team and league in plus/minus, powerplay goals, short handed goals, shots, shooting percentage, hits, take aways.

Also in the WHL i've scored well over 300 points each season and led the league in just about every catergory, in the regular season, playoffs and memorial cup.

I'm wondering why I even got sent back to junior, I guess breaking so many records as a defensemen wasn't good enough to play in the NHL odd game so far.

And one last thing, why are the line changes so screwed up? the opposing team just coming into my teams zone and thats when one of the defensemen comes off the ice to let me on.. so many friggin' times the other team has scored while thats happening. I get to step on the ice and get a minus lol

Message 6 of 15 (13,472 Views)

★ Novice

Well it seems that my junior career is finally done, so I can't be sent back there.. but can still be sent down to the AHL, back in the NHL after another full year in junior after being sent back there from my NHL team when I had and led the league with 115 goals, 108 assists, 223 points, and led in plus/minus. powerplay goals, short handed goals, game winning goals, shots, shooting percentage, hits, takeaways after 61 games. 

Wonder if i'll get sent down to the AHL now, I only have 22 goals 25 assists, 47 points and again lead the league in plus/minus, powerplay goals, short handed goals, game winning goals, shots, shooting percentage, hits, takeaways again just 10 games into the year so far tho, back in the NHL as a rated 99 overall defensemen with no boosts from the hockey shop needed.

Message 7 of 15 (13,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You should never go for the hit if you dont have help, play the lane dont give a 2 on 1. as for how they consitantly put in in on you i dont know. change to the hardest difficulty level so the other clowns on the ice are only clowns not retarded clowns....damn you ea

Message 8 of 15 (13,392 Views)

★ Novice

I have my defensive partner there, two on two but the guy I hit gets a pass to his chum, barely in time before I crush him and his buddy no matter who it is just shots quick, outside of the slot, no one blocking my teams goaltender, somehow the puck goes in just about everytime.

I know my defensive partner is just an idiot, always is.. but why does that long shot always seem to go in, right after I smash the first guy to cross the blue line.

Message 9 of 15 (13,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2 seasons, one undrafted rookie played one game in playoffs and no matter how many times i reload game got sent down right after it on way to winning rookie of the year ended up with nothing, the second overall pick #2 called up middle of season worked way to second line made it to cup finals about to sweep got sent down before game 4 and was leading in points by about 15 but ended up winning ROY and most goals trophies for first half I played in minors.

Message 10 of 15 (11,008 Views)