More customization outside CHEL

by justbass771821

Original Post

More customization outside CHEL

★★ Novice

I would like to see more options for customization outside the world of CHEL game. I would like to have more options of older equipment for my create a players so that I could create my own legendary players. Currently you allow for the Gretzky Jofa helmet, which was not a commonly used helmet, but not the CCM HT2, which was probably the most dominate hockey helmet of the 1990s, everybody wore it. You almost have the classic Cooper helmet in the game currently, the caged goalie mask is close, but obviously is only for goalies. I'd also would love to be able to put a fiberglass mask on a created goalie, again to create the legends that maybe are not in the game. Also, it would be nice to be able to create a player with no helmet, without some sort of glitch. All of these requests go back to be able to customize a game with legends. NHL 20 was amazing for adding all the playable legends in the game, I had a lot of fun with that aspect, but would love to take it a little further, especially when a legend I was hoping for ends up not being in the game. I understand there are legal issues with likenesses, so I know that getting every hall of famer in the game might be difficult, but if you give me customization option to help make them myself so they look as close to the actual player as possible it would be great. It's hard to picture Maurice "Rocket" Richard skating around the rink with a helmet on or see Jacques Plante without a fiberglass mask on, I know he did play without one for awhile, but the image with a mask is set in my mind. Here is a list of what I'd love to see

- Option to create or edit a skater/goalie without a helmet or mask

- More vintage helmet options for skaters (consider adding CCM HT2, Cooper SK 2000, Jofa 366, etc)

- Option of vintage gloves and skates for skaters (look at the cuffs that Wayne Gretzky use to have)

- Option to create or edit a goalie and give them a fiberglass mask

- More vintage stick options, beyond the one Sher-Wood and Titan options available now 

I know not all of these things can be done, legal issues and what not, but adding these to the game in my opinion will give a more realistic look to a recent addition to the game that was a huge seller for myself. I've owned every version of NHL since NHLPA 93, each year seems to have a new feature to hook me in, the legends has been the hook the last couple years, but now I want to see more there

Message 1 of 2 (398 Views)

Re: More customization outside CHEL

Community Manager

@justbass771821 

Thanks for all the feedback. One thing I can comment on is that you can have no helmet without a glitch. This was added this year. 

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 2 (382 Views)