Re: Locked name

by FreonFox

Original Post

Community Manager

@wizardofozga 

Can you send me a private message with the details you reported?

Aljo.png
Message 11 of 16 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, there is no balance. Racist team names and builds are just fine, but god forbid you’re any good. Beat anybody and they just report you. My family is into space exploration and I got “name locked” for having a planet as part of my name. It’s a joke. 

Message 12 of 16 (1,222 Views)

Community Manager

@FreonFox 

You can most likely have a planet as a name, but not when the other parts of that name break the ToS. I see you've submitted a dispute for this so keep an eye on your email for a response.

Aljo.png
Message 13 of 16 (1,196 Views)

★★★ Novice

As I’m not “banned”, they weren’t able to assist me. Any chance you can lend them some assistance? In regards to the “other parts” you reference, the only other word was ‘exploring’… 

Message 14 of 16 (1,181 Views)

Community Manager

@FreonFox 

This is going to be completely up to ToS. I'm sorry, but I can't help with this.

Aljo.png
Message 15 of 16 (1,149 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any update here? Did they unlock your name? I’m going thorough the same BS. Had a dumb but unoffensive name that got me a 72 hr suspension and now I can’t change my name. The last team I played and beat in epic fashion who probably reported me had a terribly racist name yet I’m the one who gets punished. Just a brain dead way of doing business by EA. I guess if my name was racist I wouldn’t get in trouble. 

Message 16 of 16 (529 Views)