Interrupting Passes Again (BAP)

by JayBikay24

Original Post

Interrupting Passes Again (BAP)

★★★ Newbie

So the bug (where the game wasn’t recognizing interrupted passes for X-factor progression) seems to have been resolved mostly, post recent patch.

I’ve given the greater problem a little more thought and my thought are basically as follows:

interrupting passes is so difficult with the way the game is designed -

1. the ai rarely attempt risky passes except for cross creases. (part of the greater problem of AI passing percentages being consistently in the high 80s/90s)
2. Defensive stick positioning system is great (maybe a bit overpowered if you know how to use it) for defending 1-1/rush situations, but pucks regularly seem to go through my stick when my player is in crouch block or defensive stick animations. In addition, if I make a successful poke check on a player about to make a pass - is that not an interrupted pass? The game doesn’t think so.
3. Interrupting a pass is a vague, and imo a strange objective for an Offensive D-man to have (the fact the X-Factor objectives seem to be the same among all forwards and all defencemen is again the larger problem here).

With how the game is designed, it’s not only much easier to interrupt/intercept passes as a forward, but it’s an extremely difficult thing to achieve. Unless I’m doing something wrong.

Message 1 of 14 (5,054 Views)

Re: Interrupting Passes Again (BAP)

Community Manager

@JayBikay24 

The team is aware of some blocked passes not counting as interceptions in this mode at the moment, specifically for an Offensive D-man like you're using. They're aiming to get it resolved as soon as possible, however I can't confirm a timeline right now. Thank you for the detailed bug report! 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 14 (5,003 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@JayBikay24 Any chance you could help me with this? I got the blocked pass pop up 7 times last game with no progression. I’ve updated the game and play on the latest tuner settings. Any tips on your end to get it to work? I know for the forwards breakaways simply needed to use no offsides and call for long bomb passes.
Message 3 of 14 (4,897 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I’m only getting pass interruptions counting in the offensive zone, which is completely stupid. If I’m intercepting passes in the offensive zone I’m playing the role of defenseman wrong. Personally I think it needs to be changed to breakout passes. Breakout passes are a major portion of being a defenseman, especially as an offensive defenseman. The objective could even be higher. Make it 100 breakout passes. Pass interruptions requires hand eye and defensive awareness which are skills that are very low when you start be a pro. Another gripe, Heat Seeker does not show as being completed along side ice pack, not that I am getting the objective of interruptions anyways. Ia there a way to make it so you can continue into your second season and unlock actual offensive dman X factors without unlocking the journey 2 challenge? That might help a lot with freedom.
Message 4 of 14 (4,877 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I can't help you. The best I can do is provide some validation cuz I've been going thru this since launch. Really frustrating. Then in the most recent patch, one of the three(!) patch notes said fixes for interrupted passes or something - I thought it would be fixed. Still broken tho. P.S Give us more in depth patch notes please it just makes EA look even lazier lol

Message 5 of 14 (4,841 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Are you saying that it is only happening on offensive defenseman? I’d be tempted to start another Be a Pro defenseman if the unlocks actually work.
Message 6 of 14 (4,789 Views)

Community Manager

@MedicDude69 

From what we have gathered so far it's for offensive defenseman. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 14 (4,787 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry seems to be same problem for TWD as well. I'm getting blocked pass box but not counting for the ability. 

Message 8 of 14 (4,681 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@JayBikay24 So I got the challenge done. I played 20minutes periods and basically did nothing but sit in the slot when defending. You absolutely NEED 85+ on defensive awareness. I was doing the challenge with an 78-84 and it was not counting puck intercepts. You MUST come up with clear puck possession after the pass. It does not count blocked passes.
Message 9 of 14 (4,651 Views)

★ Novice

On what difficulty? Ai never seems to force passes

Message 10 of 14 (4,644 Views)