I can't connect to EA Servers when trying to go online/play HUT

by devils2692

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I can't connect to EA Servers when trying to go online/play HUT

★ Newbie

I am logged in (obviously) and have wifi, yet it says I can't connect and a "Log-in Error" pops up. Is this a new release issue? I need help!

Message 1 of 46 (167,250 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't connect to EA Servers when trying to go online/play HUT

★★★ Newbie

I know I'm getting to this post pretty late, but I was having the same issue in nhl 15 and today with 16.

I resolved this problem finally by resetting my date and time, which I had changed ahead for a different game in the past and forgot to reset.

This solved the problem for me anyhow.

View in thread

Message 25 of 46 (110,949 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue.  I called EA, and they gave me some options.  They sounded good, but did not work very well.   restart xbox one  - hard reset - also unplug for 1 minute or so.  clear and get new mac address through the xbox one setting - then it restarts - restart moden and router, etc. etc.

I have done everything mulitple times, and since I started trying to log into EA NHL servers (it's only NHL by the way - madden, fifa, etc. I get into all the time, every time).........I have tried to play NHL 20 times, and was only able to log in 2 or 3 times out of the 20 atttempts over the last few days.  That's pretty bad considering I paid for the ultimate team edition, and I pay for the EA early access everry year.  

I sure wish someone could figure out what the problem is here with EA NHL servers and players having issues logging in.   

Message 2 of 46 (166,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I too have been having the same problem only with NHL.  My problem actually started the last week of NHL 14.  It sure would be nice if someone could chime in here with actual help.  

Playing on the 360.  Hardwired.  

Already tried port forwarding as well. 

Thanks
Jay 

Message 3 of 46 (166,816 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey everyone. I just tried this on the X box one and it worked. While in the game menu press the start button. This will prompt you to either sign out of your account or add a new gamertag. Choose the sign out option. Then re sign into the game. Everything should be resolved. At least that worked for me and I had the same problems you were having.
Message 4 of 46 (166,617 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I'm actually still having this issue on ps4 , I've done everything ea wanted me to do on the phone delete the data reinstall fix my network ports everything! , I hoped yesterday's patch would have fixed this but nope !
Message 5 of 46 (166,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, I can get online, trade palyers, buy packs, edit lines etc but when i try and play a HUT live versus game it laggs, i can talk to the person that its trying to connect with but then says Lost connection after 60 seconds or so.  tried everything EA said, opening ports, restarting and all the other **bleep** and nothing works.  very frustrated casue i have my lines bought and traded but can not play.  I played 13 games whenit first came out and then boom nothing buproblems.... ugh.....

Message 6 of 46 (166,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I initialized my ps4 and it worked for me..thats the solution
Message 7 of 46 (165,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had this problem on Xbox One, go to settings and 'End User Agreement'. Scroll down and wait til it lets you accept. Once you do and it goes back to the main menu you should be golden. Not sure if this will work on PS4 or not as well but I'd assume so.

Message 8 of 46 (163,877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my xbox one still wont let me play an online game vs anyone. It keeps coming up with failed to retrieve data: please try again later and ive tried like 20 different times and still doesnt work any help? 

Message 9 of 46 (163,264 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah i cant do this in versus either.  otp works, but otp sucks.  i want to play versus and they broke it.

Message 10 of 46 (163,004 Views)